Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Targeted Communications
Partners In Health is a non-profit organization headquartered in Boston, MA, whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH has programs in Haiti, Peru, Guatemala, Mexico, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi and Boston.
The Communications Coordinator will support the work of the Communications team aimed at raising broad public awareness and support for PIH’s work and for the wider movement for health and social justice. This individual will play a role in creation and production of a variety of print/multimedia materials and activities . Overall responsibilities include 1) helping to ensure consistency of brand, messaging and presentation across PIH materials; and 2) supporting internal communications initiatives. This is an e xcellent opportunity for an individual who has a few years of communications and/or design experience and is interested in issues of health and social justice .
1. Project coordination
· Working across the organization to coordinate print material projects including stationery, promotional collateral, annual report and other print publications.
· Serve as a representative of the Communications team to ensure consistency of brand, messaging and presentation.
· Schedule and traffic production activities include concept development, budget creation, design, writing, reviews/approvals, editing, proofreading, print production, delivery and billing.
· Coordinate with external vendors including graphic designers, proofreaders, and printers.
· Manage BaseCamp tool for planning and reporting on project status and activities.
2. Desktop publishing
· Based on concept meetings, develop copy drafts/outline to aid writing and design functions.
· Create mock-ups to assist with design and budgeting activities.
· Update templates for use by PIH staff when preparing stationery, invitations, reports, presentations, etc.
3. Multimedia support
· Respond to photo requests from colleagues, partners and the media.
· Post photographs to PIH's online photo database management system, ensuring that photos are appropriately tagged and captioned.
· Provide general support of communications efforts including administrative activities as needed.
· Coordinate information sharing activities to support internal communications initiatives.
1. Bachelor’s degree and at least 1-3 years of experience in Communications initiatives.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Fluency in English. Proficiency in French, Haitian Creole, or Spanish a plus.
4. Strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop) a plus.
5. Exceptional organizational skills including resourcefulness, attention to detail, and excellent follow-through.
6. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
7. S ense of humor.
Strong interest in issues of health and social justice.
Partners in Health - 15 months ago