UCSF School of Nursing
The mission of the UCSF School of Nursing (SON) is to educate diverse health leaders, conduct research, advance nursing and interprofessional practice, and provide public service with a focus on promoting health quality and equity.
Reporting to the Director of Innovation & Technology, the Communications Coordinator (CC) will focus on developing, implementing and assessing digital/on-line communication strategies to meet SON's overall communications goals. The CC will develop and implement a wide range of communications activities, including coordinating with University Relations’ digital and news teams, internal communications, outreach activities, targeted marketing campaigns, and community building. The incumbent will design special projects in support of SON programs, student outreach and research initiatives. The incumbent will also perform other related duties.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS with a major in marketing, communications or journalism, and five to seven years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Five years of experience working directly with marketing/communications in a large and complex organization
• Three years of experience managing comprehensive marketing campaigns (e-marketing, etc.) as well as demonstrated success leveraging major social media platforms (such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs, etc.) and building online communities
• Evidence of superb written, verbal, editing, storytelling and presentation skills
• Demonstrated experience using various types of marketing-related software tools including video production/editing (iMovie), graphic design (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), e-marketing (Mailchimp, etc.), customer relationship management, web design resources, etc.
• Direct experience and ability to conduct complex data analyses using Excel and to propose solutions to improve service-related processes
• Demonstrated ability in establishing organizational goals, targets and metrics for success
• Knowledge of marketing trends and communications best practices (i.e., web design, social media, e-marketing, etc.) and ability to act as advisor or consultant to others
• Proven ability in designing and managing multiple projects and priorities with competing deadlines, ensuring quality and timeliness
• Ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve issues from a variety of stakeholders
• Proven ability to work professionally with faculty, staff and external partners at all levels, addressing issues, needs and expectations.
Physical Demands: requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs, reaching up to shoulder height, lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 20 lbs., fine finger manipulation, gross manipulation, simple/power grasp, repetitive hand/arm use, exposure to loud noise, ability to differentiate color, operating motor vehicles.
• Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism
• Prior experience managing freelance contractors and external contractors (writers, photographers, videographers, etc.)
• Prior experience in academic, health care or research environments.