The Communication Dispatcher Sr. will perform radio communication dispatch and telecommunication duties.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
Operates related technology and responds to radio, telephone, email, alarm, CCTV and other data transmitted into the C4 facility.
• Provides for the triage of incoming data to prioritize the handling of emergency incidents.
• Provides quality customer service on all interactions with the public and C4 supported operations.
• Dispatches police, fire, EMS, security, maintenance and operations personnel to incidents based upon established protocols and Telecommunications Supervisor direction.
• Monitors video surveillance systems and relays observations to responders upon request.
• Monitors access control systems, duress alarms and coordinates security and law enforcement responses.
• Operates the paging and public information systems.
• Operates the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system to track record and prioritize incidents and incident responses.
• Provides on-going communications and coordination support to both emergency and non-emergency operations in the field as required. This includes but is not limited to maintenance and repair requests, escort requests, customer service activities and environmental support services.
• Acts decisively when incident conditions change and/or airport staff or facilities are endangered.
• Coordinates communications with "off airport" responders to airport incidents.
• Monitors and reacts to the status of Fire-Life Safety (FLS) systems.
• Monitors and reports on various airport systems including but not limited to weather, lightning warning and detection, conveyance and baggage handling, HVAC and building systems.
• Prepares and disseminates Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) advisories at the direction of airfield operations personnel.
• Assists in the implementation of table top exercises and disaster drills as required.
• Staffs and supports the activation of the EOC as directed.
• Conducts detailed and comprehensive briefings to relief controllers before leaving their work station.
• Other related duties as assigned by the Director and/or Telecommunications Supervisors.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the operations of a medium or large hub airport.
• Knowledge of high volume calls center operations.
• Knowledge of FAA rules and regulations, specifically those governing FAR 136 operations.
• Knowledge of DHS and TSA rules and regulations.
• Ability to use established operating procedures to determine severity of emergency events and appropriate course of action.
• Ability to work under stressful conditions, analyze and manage situations and make decisions rapidly.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to respond to emergency call-up at any time.
• Ability to work rotating shifts and days off.
• Ability to work in inclement weather.
• Ability to use keyboard devices, computer and communications equipment and to sit for extended periods.
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment failures and problems and make timely notifications.
• Knowledge of personal computers and commonly used software such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Office, Outlook and other mapping, database and I.P. systems
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience in public safety emergency communications or one (1) year aviation experience in access control and CCTV preferred.
• Skill in typing at a minimum of 35 words per minute for a sustained period.
• Must successfully pass the Airport's security clearance and maintain security badge privileges at a level determined by the General Manager.
• Must possess and maintain a valid State of Georgia vehicle operator's license.
• Certification as a Communications Officer by GAPOST per Chapter 464-14 within six months of employment
• Completion of the GAPOST Communications Officer Basic Course per Chapter 464-16 within one year of employment
• Satisfactory completion and certification of NIMS/FEMA courses 100, 200 and 700 within one year of appointment.
The City of Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
City of Atlanta, GA - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard