The Communications Intern(s) will assist the LA Galaxy Communications Department in its day-to-day duties and game day media operations while learning the daily workings and intricacies of a professional soccer club's Communications Department.
Essential Job Functions:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Preparation of all press box materials
- Strong writing and interviewing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software. Other programs, such as Adobe Photoshop are a plus.
- Knowledge of the sport of soccer and MLS.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a professional environment.
- Ability to assist with the production of all of the club's printed materials. This includes writing and editing of any text.
- Ability to assist with the day's media operations, including…
2. The setup of the press box
3. Media Will Call
4. Assisting the official team photographer
5. Assist with In-Game Press Box Management
6. Postgame interviews and quote collection
Non-essential Job Functions:
In addition to performing the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by Supervisor.
- Maintaining the Communications Department archives through the cataloging of photos and press clippings.
- Assist with all PR efforts and initiatives at training sessions, including handling media requests and supplying credentialed media with the necessary information.
- Serving as the Galaxy Communications representative at select community functions, taking pictures, shooting video, conducting interviews and writing recaps as necessary.
All Interns must be eligible to receive college/university credit for their time served. This internship is unpaid.
Req Create Date:
AEG - 2 years ago