This position will assist with communications for the District. This is an excellent learning opportunity for a person interested in a career in marketing or public relations. The duration of this internship is flexible.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Assists with updates to the District website.
- Assists members of the press with requests for information.
- Writes and edits copy for marketing materials.
- Maintains publicity logs.
- Administers social media accounts.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Understanding of social media.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of District information.
- Ability to initiate and follow through with projects under a tight deadline structure.
- Must have completed at least 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, or substantially similar area; OR possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, or substantially similar area from an accredited college or university.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be a Cook County resident.
- Must be willing to travel to work assignments throughout Cook County and must provide own means of transportation.
- Possession of basic photography skills.
- Possession of graphic design skills.
NPO.net - 15 months ago