The National Immigration Forum seeks a self-starting, full- or part- time Communications intern for Winter-Spring 2014 to assist our Communications team. The Communications intern works, in conjunction with the Communications team, on outreach to national, state and ethnic media. This often includes rapid responses to breaking news. The Communications intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, which may include:
· Monitoring media coverage of immigration issues; compiling daily news clips
· Assisting with logistics for press conferences
· Building and expanding media databases
· Assisting in the development and implementation of social media strategy; posting to social media
· Drafting content for blog
· Strong attention to detail
· A passion for immigrants' rights and immigration reform
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
· K nowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Bachelor's degree or current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program, preferably in communications, political science, international relations or a related field
· Graphic design experience or knowledge is a plus
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com . Please note that this is an unpaid internship. Writing sample should be no longer than three pages. An article, press release or similar type of communications writing sample is preferred. Applications submitted without a cover letter, resume or writing sample will not be considered. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are able to respond only to those applicants whom we are interested in interviewing. No phone calls please.
About the Organization:
The National Immigration Forum works to promote responsible immigration policies ones that honor our Founding Fathers commitment to an open society and also address todays economic and national security needs. Leveraging our policy, education and communications expertise, the Forum works for comprehensive immigration reform and also engages in day-to-day problems related to civil rights, border security, deportation, naturalization and integration, and family unity.
Equal opportunity employer.
- 15 months ago - save job