Communications Intern will support the Director of Communications. The individual will assist in the writing, editing, and proofreading of both internal and external communications materials as well as providing content for Summit’s internal and external website, and social media sites. The Intern will also update internal and external websites as directed. The Communications Intern will produce at least one major printed piece – from concept through completion – as an outcome of this opportunity. This individual must have strong writing skills with excellent grammar and punctuation and be able to conduct interviews to gather needed information. Attention to detail is critical as pertains to proofreading documents and stories before they are published to our websites and in finished printed pieces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Communications Intern must be able to consistently and successfully perform all essential functions of the position.
1 Work with Director of Communications to produce Ascent newsletter.
2 Write content for internal (Summit Central) and external (www.summited.org) websites as directed by Director of Communications.
3. Write stories for the annual report as assigned by the Director of Communications.
4 Assist Director of Communications with social media schedule, messages for social media sites and generate related reports.
5. Assist Director of Communication with preparation and writing of direct mail pieces, news releases, brochures, and other printed materials as needed.
6. Perform any other duties as requested by your supervisor.
• EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – College student or recent graduate majoring in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations.
• CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Etc. – None
• COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Command of the English language with the demonstrated ability in written and verbal communications skills are required. Must be able to conduct interviews to gather information for stories that will appear in printed pieces. Must exhibit a variety of writing styles including feature stories and news items and must be able to tailor message to suit intended audience. Must have high degree of attention to spelling, punctuation and appropriate grammar.
• OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES - Microsoft Office Applications: Microsoft Word/Publisher; familiarity with various social media platforms including Facebook,
Summit Educational Resources - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard