Communications at Twitter
The smallish-but-mighty Communications team at Twitter is largely dedicated to external PR and media relations. Our interns work in tandem with the external team and our editorial side, along with colleagues from product, recruiting and the executive team to develop and execute a variety of communications projects and PR campaigns.
What success looks like
You will contribute in tangible ways to successful PR strategies, planning and programs.
You’ll develop an expertise around the analytics of Twitter trends.
You’ll help to develop successful pitches around Twitter usage.
You will be a sought-after collaborator across the team.
Learn about Twitter analytics so you can identify fast-rising trends, spikes, and other fast-moving aggregated data details for pitches and reporters.
Develop ideas for pitches that are seasonal, topical and reproducible.
Contribute to Consumer Team strategy and planning.
Maintain media lists and contact notes for reporters and outlets we work with.
Draft blog posts and tweets as needed for announcements and updates.
EF: Coordinate with international teams & agencies about relevant localized data
Communications team consists of people working in these areas:
- Consumer (how people, organizations, celebrities, news outlets, athletes, politicians, etc are using Twitter)
- Business (how businesses use advertising and marketing on Twitter to grow)
- Corporate (Twitter the company)
- Editorial (telling the Twitter story across our channels)
- Product Marketing - deepening adoption and engagement on the Twitter platform
- Consumer Growth - surfacing Twitter features for key audiences
Twitter - 17 months ago
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...