The communications division interns will support all areas of the division, including internal communications, media relations, marketing communications, community relations, education and outreach, and publishing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Write press releases, feature stories, memos, bios, etc.
2. Assist with media operations at local events for both the USOC and National Governing Bodies
3. Provide support for division projects and initiatives, including community outreach, sponsor programs and publicity efforts
4. Assist with Olympic research projects, editing and media outreach
5. Provide support for daily media clips and other administrative duties
6. Manage weekly Team USA Sports Scene releases and Athlete/Team of the Month voting process and announcement
7. Assist with the coordination of Olympic Training Center media requests, including scheduling and on-site facilitation
Recently completed (within two years) bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
Work/internship/volunteer experience in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Experience with Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Demonstrated ability to use AP style
Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic Movement
Excellent communication and human relations skills
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
United States Olympic Committee - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Friendship, solidarity, and fair play are the watchwords for this sports organization. United States Olympic Committee (USOC) is the...