Job Title: Communications Intranet Specialist
Job ID: 100311
Location: Nebraska, Omaha;New Jersey, Jersey City
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manager level: Support Level
A leader in brokerage and investment services for over 35 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and bolstering our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions and a national branch system. Combined with some of the industry's brightest minds, there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, TD Ameritrade is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology to our resolve to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
TD Ameritrade strongly believes in the value of company-wide communications and collaboration, considering it an essential function of our continuing success. The Internal Communications department is the heart, soul and engine that leads company-wide communications initiatives and programs. Our goal is to make TD Ameritrade the better firm for today’s investor by creating a superior employee experience for every individual that works at the company.
The Communications Intranet Specialist reports directly to the Internal Communications Senior Manager and is primarily responsible for supporting and collaborating in creative and technical initiatives deployed via the internal communications platforms and intranet. The ideal candidate has experience in basic front-end design (Visual and technical), has experience in Content Management Based systems (SharePoint), strong organizational skills, and is a quick, efficient troubleshooter. They pride themselves on attention to detail and thrive in a team environment.
All members of the Communications Team act as liaisons with internal partner teams. The ideal candidate will help to shape communications, as well as drive deadlines and deliverables when working with our internal partners.
The ideal candidate must show fearless dedication to creative problem solving in organizational, visual and technical challenges and loves working on tactical-oriented tasks to achieve higher strategic goals which help to create a superior work experience for all of our employees.
- Work closely with Senior Strategist in the planning, creation, and maintenance of Business Unit, Project and Special-purpose sites on the company Intranet.
- Create original html and graphical assets following the lead of the Senior Strategist.
- Assist the Senior Strategist in the planning and execution of projects and initiatives in our Internal Social Media efforts.
- Support the execution of Internal Communications projects, including planning and event support.
- Assist the Senior Strategist in Metrics gathering and internal reporting.
- Assist in the organization and migration effort of legacy Intranet (Athena).
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of media (image and video) library.
- This individual will be involved in the planning of communications that will impact and influence partners’ communications initiatives, and will make decisions that will impact at the business-unit and group level.
- 4 year college degree
- HTML / Dreamweaver - (2 years minimum)
- Photoshop - (2 years minimum)
- Basic CSS knowledge (1 yr. minimum)
- Experience with editing on Content Management Systems (SharePoint experience not required but a plus)
- Writing / Storytelling experience
- Social Media skills not required, but a plus
- Media creation skills (photography/video) not required, but a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in editorial writing/storytelling
- Experience in project planning
- Experience in creating and modifying web sites
- Experience in created and modifying original graphics in Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in developing and executing creative ideas through the creation of graphical screens and interactive prototypes
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, able to define ideas verbally and in report form
- Must maintain a strong knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies
- Present a positive, professional image
- Must be self-motivated and a strong team player
- Must demonstrate appropriate analytical skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- A desire to learn new, related skills in a dynamic, quick paced work environment
- Work samples must be presented for review
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program for those states requiring E-Verify. For additional information on this program please click here .
TD Ameritrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and offer a quality workplace.
TD Ameritrade, Inc. member FINRA/SIPC/NFA is a subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: AMTD). TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company and the Toronto-Dominion Bank.
© 2012 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
If your stock makes a big move while you're stuck in traffic, don't worry -- TD Ameritrade lets you buy and sell even when...