Business Critical Communications provides ad-hoc communication strategy and execution for top-tier internal and external communications across Cisco. As part of Global Corporate Communications, this team brings together cross-discipline, cross-functional groups to solve Cisco's toughest communications opportunities, including communications support for corporate strategy, corporate development/mergers and acquisitions, company transformation activities, top company priorities, corporate issues and strategic events and initiatives.
Reporting & Location:
The Business Critical Communications' Communications Manager, generalist role, reports to the Director, Business Critical Communications, based in San Jose. The Communications Manager will focus on deal support for corporate development, along with general issues management support for Business Critical Communications.
The Business Critical Communications Manager, Generalist position, is responsible for leading and driving communications programs that support Corporate Development initiatives, along with general communications project support for the Corporate & Technology & Corporate Strategy Practice.
o Bring together virtual team of communications professionals to drive aligned communications strategy and plan
- Lead communications for corporate development deals, corporate partnerships
o Interface with business development deal leads as the communications lead for GCC
o Lead timing, messaging and orchestration of all communications activities in coordination with deal lead.
o Engage communications and business leaders across multiple disciplines and regions to create aligned, integrated communications plans
- Project manage the communications for a timely corporate or technology issue
o Coordinate, aggregate communications efforts to tell one simple story
o Lead integrated strategy, message development and communications plan
o Participate in 'follow-the sun' model to keep issue resolution in motion while other time zones are sleeping
o May be required to create original compelling, executive-level content for internal and external communications, in support of BCC projects
o Formalize new processes and templates as the new organization is 'brought up'
- Contribute to the formalization of Business Critical Communications as a discipline by supporting and contributing to the operational effectiveness of the new organization
Specific Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Strong issues management skills—with ability to both manage/lead issues and create content about the issue
- Exceptional critical thinking skills—discernment, thoughtfulness, a balanced perspective.
- Ability to judge news value and think through issues with both internal and external implications in mind.
- Leads by influence and persuasion in all interactions, in both complex and straightforward situations. Gains consensus among others, including peers, and knows how to create win/win situations.
- Has knowledge of communication methods and strategies and the ability to work with all levels of employees, managers, and executives across geographic regions.
- Process oriented with the ability to create new processes and manage change management/education required for successful adoption of new processes.
- Creates and maintains a virtual network of contacts for ease of information gathering/dissemination, sharing/aligning content and tapping into varied resources
- Proven multi-cultural experience across a broad geographic region and willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
- Understands the global business environment
- Strong understanding of Cisco's business and technology
- Able to work in fast paced, start-up culture
- Ability to work with and influence senior management.
- Balances the proactive and reactive planning while managing multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Typically requires BS/BA or equivalent, plus 8-10 years related experience—including PR, AR, IR experience .
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...