The Manager for AOL Communications will be responsible for helping conceive and execute media relations campaigns -- including communications strategy and tactics, online and off, long-term and rapid response. Reporting to and working closely with the Director, Corporate Communications, this position will work on a daily basis with content, technology and advertising teams. The position is based in New York.
- Develop and manage media plans and publicity campaigns for new product launches and related developments, and executing the strategies to generate awareness in the consumer, trade and business press, and among industry influencers including analysts and bloggers
- Responsible for writing strategic plans, press releases, talking points, Q&As, briefing memos, and distributed media materials; managing messages; and coordinating product launch program activities including briefing tours and presentations, press events, etc
- Work with product teams and business owners to position products and create optimal launch opportunities; pitch products, trend stories and business accomplishments to target media outlets; use relevant trade events and conferences to increase visibility, and identify appropriate speaking opportunities to define the company's leadership in this area. Will also manage any crisis communications related to the area of expertise
- Act as a company spokesperson on behalf of specific products and initiatives, and manage media training for executive spokespersons
- Work closely with internal teams on integrated marketing communications and programming plans (editorial, marketing, network promotions, etc.)
Specialized Knowledge / Skills: Understanding of the digital space; experience within media industry; passion for politics and social media; experience working in highly matrixed organization; experience working with senior executives; strong media relationships; strong organizational skills; experience executing communications strategies; exceptional writing abilities; history of anticipating issues and the skills to be strategic, proactive and aggressive.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute multiplatform communications strategies
- Strong media contacts and familiarity with social media
- Experience in pitching content and reporters to print, broadcast and online media
- Passion for technology, media/advertising & business a must
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications from new angles, and manage both up and down the organization
- Education- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience- 5 + years of public relations/corp comm/media experience
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL - 19 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...