The Manager of Corporate Communications creates, implements and oversees communications programs that effectively describe and promote our organization, its products, brand and executives to multiple audiences. This position reports directly to the Director of Corporate Communications.
- Work closely with the Director of Corporate Communications to help drive brand awareness, maintain strategic relationships with key press and external influencers in the home design industry.
- Work closely with the Director of Corporate Communications to provide media relations counsel to other departments, senior leadership and other partners.
- Collaborate with virtually every aspect of the Marketing function to achieve results, including the product development, strategic alliances, events, retail marketing, consumer engagement and social/digital teams.
- Proactively secure press opportunities to showcase the brand leadership as well as profiles of key executives in national and local media across North America.
- Liaise directly with PR agencies and other vendors to execute on communications strategy and other external programs.
- Interface with staff from a variety of Benjamin Moore departments, including sales, retail, operations and manage any communications collateral for the approval process with these groups as necessary.
- Create and maintain relationships with key media as well as provide recommendations to Director of Corporate Communications for the media strategy for both U.S. and Canada announcements.
- Create talking points, briefing materials and Q&A for company spokespeople.
- Collaborate with product development team to create PR strategies around priority products.
- Excellent written and verbal media relations and strategic communication skills.
- Experience in press release writing and media list management.
- A proven track record of secured placements in North American print, broadcast and online/digital media, preferably in the consumer goods industry.
- Experience in handling agency resources.
- Deadline oriented and the ability to write clearly, concisely and relatively quickly for multiple audiences both internally and externally.
- Exposure to social media tools and proficient experience in leveraging these platforms to achieve communications goals.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to work in teams and across departments to achieve communications goals.
- Be creative and strategic in building out media and partnership/events campaigns.
- Must be solutions oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines at any given time
- Comfortable working with internal business partners, as well as members of the press, to drive projects forward independently and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make our career page and applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benjamin Moore - 9 months ago
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...