Columbus Property Management Inc. (CPM) a 501(c)(3) Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation, was created in 1993 as the property management affiliate of 1260 Housing Development Corporation, a Philadelphia-based nonprofit affordable housing developer specializing in housing for special needs persons.
CPM is seeking a full time Communications Manager for its Philadelphia PA location. This position with input and oversight from Mission First Housing Group's (MFHG) Director of Strategic Investment and other members of the senior staff, the Communications Manager has direct responsibility for developing and implementing all of the marketing and communications strategies that stem from an up-to-date strategic plan. The Communications Manager will develop an organization-wide communications plan for Mission First Housing Group and oversee its implementation.
The Communications Manager will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Director of Strategic Investment, Board of Directors and senior staff members to develop and protect the Mission First Housing Group brand, and ensure cohesiveness in all organizational messaging. In addition, the Communications Manager provides collaborative support on fundraising activities and other communications projects as assigned by the Director of Strategic Investment and other senior staff members.
Within MFHG, the Communications Manager is overseen by and reports to the Director of Strategic Investment. The Communications Manager also works closely with the CEO and COO, and provides support to other senior staff and the Board of Directors.
Outside the organization, the Communications Manager coordinates with the media and communicates directly with partner organizations, residents of MFHG, funders and other external stakeholders.
Collaborate with members of Senior Management team to:
1. Develop and maintain an up-to-date communications plan for MFHG.
2. Oversee implementation of all communications activities stemming from the plan.
3. Develop and bring MFHG’s new brand to life by articulating messaging about MFHG’s brand, desired image and position; and assuring consistent communications of this brand position throughout the organization and to all constituencies, internal and external.
This will be accomplished on a daily basis through the following activities:
- Develop and oversee internal and board-related communication, including but not limited to internal newsletters; communications updates and reports to senior staff and board of directors; information about events and honors; and more.
- Develop and oversee external communications for MFHG residents, partners, funders, government entities and other external stakeholders (websites, newsletters, marketing and promotional activities and materials, holiday mailings, etc.).
- Develop and oversee implementation of a media strategy, to include:
o Identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with contacts at key media outlets in current and new markets.
o Communicating with media contacts through electronic, print and in-person updates.
o Securing media coverage of MFHG.
- Design, produce and distribute all MFHG publications, including but not limited to: newsletters; e-news; blog posts; website updates; annual reports; etc.
- Plan and oversee MFHG events, including public events (e.g., ribbon-cutting ceremonies) and internal events (e.g., company-wide staff meetings).
- Coordinate with staff and residents to compile and communicate resident stories.
- Oversee brand management.
- Coordinate with vendors for services related to events and materials development.
- Coordinate organizational participation in and support of industry associations and events, as appropriate.
- Manage all sponsorship, exhibits and advertising at industry conferences and networking events.
- Oversee design, coordination, implementation and ongoing upkeep and maintenance of MFHG’s website and overall web presence. This includes developing and implementing a plan for how to use social media as a communications and marketing tool.
- Oversee employee participation in communications activities, such as development of internal quarterly newsletter.
- Maintain MFHG’s mailing list for both electronic and printed correspondence.
- Provide collaborative support for fundraising activity, as needed.
- Develop and maintain a departmental budget.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required with three to five years experience in real estate or nonprofit communication field. Experience in developing and executing communication strategies helpful but not required.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse array of constituencies, both internal and external.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Strong interpersonal, organizational and management skills. The ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines. Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing properties and ability to multi-task.
- Skill in writing/editing for a variety of audiences; strong editing and proofreading skills; skill in interviewing a variety of people and gathering and synthesizing information from many sources; the ability to translate complex language and ideas into meaningful for all audiences.
- Professional level skills in graphic design and knowledge of Abode CS6 for in-house design and production; proficiency in creating printed and online newsletters; understanding of basic web design.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Programs.
Benefits - Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Company-paid 403B, Short and long term disability and life insurance, Paid Time Off
EP: $41,000 - $53,000
CPM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on CPM, please visit our website at www.columbuspm.org