Dairy Farmers of America’s Communications team serves as the in-house agency for a $13 billion dairy cooperative. The team is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the visual and verbal brand and directs activities that align with the mission, vision and values of the dairy-farmer owned organization. The Communications Manager will manage and execute diverse projects targeting DFA’s external and employee audiences, with an emphasis on proactively developing strategic and creative traditional and social media initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities and pitch stories that positively position the Cooperative and its members with national, trade and local media outlets
- Write news releases, bylined articles and other editorial materials that adhere to brand and AP style standards
- Execute various media relations activities, including responding to media inquiries, monitoring, contact list management, etc.
- Further develop and facilitate DFA social media presence and ongoing strategy, including regular posts, monitoring and creating member resources
- Assist in the development and execution of employee communications strategies for DFA’s headquarters office in Kansas City, as well as offices and plants across the nation
- Assist in creating and executing various communications initiatives that enhance the visibility and image of DFA’s Commercial Investments division
- Provide additional support to the Director of Media Relations and Public Affairs as needed, in areas such as advertising, special projects, event planning, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field
- 5-7 years related professional work experience
- Must be highly energetic, organized and driven to work in a fast-paced environment
- Handle multiple tasks and assignments at the same time
- Detail-oriented, with a commitment to quality work
- Comfortable working with a variety of employees in all levels of the organization
Dairy Farmers of America - 6 months ago