BA or BS
Minimum of 5 years of experience
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the Communications Manager will oversee internal communications strategies, programs and vehicles to educate and engage employees and medical staff on key business priorities and external messages, and inspire them to take action to grow Saint Agnes Hospital ’s momentum in the marketplace.
The Communications Manager will create, design, and write publication materials, employee communications, newsletters, bulletins, and informational materials for internal audiences. Review and edit essential internal communications prior to dissemination to ensure accuracy, clarity, and appropriateness and ensure a corporate voice permeates messaging to employees and stakeholders. Interview subject matter experts and develop an original approach for each story line.
The candidate will need to present at the highest professional level and have the ability to interface and collaborate with Executive Leadership, Medical Staff, employees, departments and clinical services in order to determine, develop, initiate, maintain and monitor all internal communications within budget, time and quality requirements in support of Saint Agnes Hospital’s mission, goals and strategic direction. This individual promotes consistent organizational identity through copy and design styles and branding.
- Builds relationships internally and uncover internal news and activities within the organization is a must. Acts as liaison between departments to assess promotional needs.
- Collaborates with Executive Leadership in creating strategic communications plans that support internal engagement.
- Analyzes effectiveness of current internal communications efforts and facilitate better two-way communication throughout the organization by gathering feedback on organizational communications and channel effectiveness with a goal of improving existing processes.
- Develops and implements an internal communications strategy and annual work plan and calendar of events and communications to drive internal engagement in line with business priorities and external news flow.
- Develops measurement tools to track effectiveness of communications and help drive behavioral and culture change, as well as contribute to alignment of business objectives. Adjust and enhance programs based on research.
- Creates long term, consistent and effective communication strategies for each service line as well as the overall hospital.
- Serves as primary liaison with all external communications vendors, including magazine, plasma and other print vendors as necessary.
- Produces and oversees all communications functions to include, but not limited to, weekly all staff e-newsletter, quarterly associate and medical staff publications, Plasma screen messages throughout the organization, e-blasts and the intranet.
- Assigns organization’s photographer for significant events, people, etc., for inclusion in hospital publications and external usage.
- Ensures communications related to strategic objectives, brand positioning, service line objectives, culture and patient satisfaction receive the required focus, in alignment with our brand proposition.
Provides editorial quality control for all communications and supports Marketing Manager in editorial review of other printed material as needed. Writes for various print and electronic publications, including marketing magazines, brochures, web and various e-newsletters. Design
- Uses InDesign, Photoshop to create eye catching and engaging pieces.
- Coordinates and communicates with photographers to ensure appropriate photos are presented in all communication materials.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, corporate communications, or related marketing/journalism field
- Participates on interdepartmental, hospital and departmental committees as appropriate.
- Consistently and independently follows established safety and infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations.
- Complies with the standards of conduct and Corporate Responsibility Program and seeks guidance when in doubt.
- Meets or exceeds expectations of individuals for whom service is provided.
Required Experience: Five (5) years’ corporate communications or writer/editor
Saint Agnes Hospital - 19 months ago