Communications Experts Wanted: Would you enjoy the opportunity to create and implement an internal communication strategy and plan for a Fortune 500 organization from the ground up?
A chance to build a new culture of communications at a leading medical technology company that’s improving people’s lives around the world?
Are you an execution-oriented, self-starter and self-navigator who can prioritize high-value projects versus tasks in a fast-paced environment and balance the demands of multiple projects?
Do you have a passion for words?
Do you find yourself editing others’ work without realizing it? Do you have a knack for hearing someone’s vision and articulating those thoughts and ideas into a clear and compelling message that draws people in and helps them understand the direction you’re headed?
The Communications Manager position at Stryker gives you the opportunity to:
1. Apply your strong project management, writing, reviewing and editing expertise to develop and manage internal communication channels for the purpose of building strong employee engagement, including employee newsletters and magazines, ad hoc and weekly news broadcasts, quarterly business results messages, employee communications network, intranet posts and internal social media content, organizational announcements, company presentations and overviews for internal use, employee brandbook, publications, benefits communications, and new hire orientation communications.
2. Provide communications best practices advice and counsel to various teams, departments and functions within the company, including developing communications strategies, plans and related toolkits.
3. Within first 30 days, identify and collaborate with communications groups and key business stakeholders across the company to build trusting relationships based on a deep understanding of each individual’s communications needs. Use these meetings to gain a better understanding of the overall climate and culture of Stryker. This will allow you to articulate the tone, voice and style of our culture in various internal and change communications projects that may include new communications tools and channels, writing, editing, information gathering and campaign development.
4. Develop and manage key communication channels, programs, initiatives and tools and the development of key internal communications templates and content distribution. Measure the impact and effectiveness of those communication programs and channels. Support the development of engaging content and activities in alignment with industry best practices.
5. Use your established management background and passion for development to lead a small and enthusiastic team of communications professionals. Responsible and accountable for the actions of promoting an environment that fosters personal growth, teamwork, empowerment, and development for the internal communications team.
- 4-6 years work experience in communications, marketing and/or branding area
- Ability to communicate with and understand business needs and articulate those needs in a strategy and plan
- Problem solver with creative approach to proactive identification and resolution of issues
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to analyze and measure success
- Execution-oriented, self-starter and self-navigator who can prioritize high-value projects versus tasks in a fast-paced environment and balance demands of multiple projects
- Very responsive, with a customer-centric / solutions-oriented approach and the ability to serve a wide range of needs within the organization and at all levels
- Experience working in a decentralized environment is a plus
- Previous experience in healthcare-related field is a plus
- Understand Stryker’s business needs and ensure that all internal communications support and build the company’s strategies, key messages and brand
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills an absolute must, especially the ability to tailor communications style to audience
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with ability to lead and manage complex, multi-year, multi-million dollar projects
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to prioritize projects based on impact to the communications team, Stryker’s divisions and the entire company is essential
- Ability to move quickly without compromising quality
- Strong attention to detail a must
- Ability to work as an individual contributor as well as lead teams
Stryker - 23 months ago
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare...