Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, the nation’s largest nonprofit graduate school, is currently seeking a full-time Communications Associate, who will take responsibility for communications and public relations initiatives, including an electronic newsletter, management of web content, media relations and social media efforts for three campuses. The position reports to and supports the National Director of Communications.
We are seeking a self-confident, enthusiastic, and collaborative professional to join the team in our Communications Department. The ideal candidate for this key position must have an interest in working in the higher education field, have superior interpersonal skills to work with senior-level staff and faculty members, possess sound judgment, have excellent organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills, have the ability to set priorities, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced but friendly environment. He/she must have excellent written and editing skills.
- Manage the distribution of a monthly eNewsletter by gathering and writing important news stories for both internal staff and external audiences
- Oversee and build its marketing database for newsletter and other marketing efforts. Must be familiar with e-mail marketing programs, such as Vertical Response or Constant Contact
- Help position The Chicago School as the leading authority in psychology and behavioral science issues in Southern California, Chicago and Washington, DC by cultivating and maintaining relationships with key reporters/producers/editors/bloggers who cover psychology and behavioral science issues. Must have familiarity with media database programs such as Meltwater Press or Cision
- Pitch members of the media on upcoming and newsworthy educational events, significant academic research, grant funding, and other relevant activities
- Respond to media inquiries, and arrange interviews with appropriate experts. Provide media coaching as appropriate
- Manage external photography and video projects; place on web and social media
- Oversee social media activities including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Assist with the implementation of a new TCSPP blog. This would include writing content, editing submissions, etc. Suggest appropriate blog topics. Must be familiar with WordPress or other blog tools
- Attend events and conferences as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or equivalent in communications, journalism or related field, and three to five years communications experience that includes working for a large nonprofit
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and an ability to work quickly and accurately on tight deadlines
- A high degree of computer literacy, including word processing, database management and website and social media skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, Power Point), online databases and resourceful in research techniques
- Positive and cooperative attitude
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TCS Education System - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -