Develop communications materials under the direction of the Union Pacific Corporate Communications staff. Manage projects for internal clients. Create communications plans. Write and edit materials. Plan and coordinate corporate communications events.
The Communications Manager is a direct report to the Director Communications Programs in the Union Pacific Corporate Communications Department. The position is administered in compensation Band B for salary administration.
- Develop project plans using an integrated mix of communications channels including online, print, video, social media, and others.
- Write and edit materials including fact sheets, brochures, web content, e-mails, video scripts, presentations, speeches, news stories, press releases and other materials as required.
- Liaison with in-house and external designers/vendors to develop communications materials. Ensure consistent application of brand standards and effective reputation management. Ensure project specifications and deadlines are achieved.
- Initiate improvements in departmental procedures to increase production quality and efficiency for communication services and materials.
- Organize and help coordinate special events associated with communications initiatives.
Required Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- Provide effective project management leadership and consultation in the development of communications plans for various internal clients, departments, workgroups, and company initiatives.
- A Bachelor Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing or related discipline.
Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- 4 year(s) experience / knowledge in corporate communications specifically Communications project management, writing, layout, and design,
- Intermediate Microsoft Suite skills
- Intermediate project management skills
Union Pacific - 15 months ago
Union Pacific Corporation (UPC) is engaged in the transportation business. The Company’s operating company, Union Pacific Railroad...