This position is located in Burbank, California, and resides within Corporate Citizenship. Broadly, Corporate Citizenship at The Walt Disney Company includes Insights and Integration, Environment and Conservation, International Labor Standards and Community Engagement. This position will be part of the Insights and Integration team, an internal group that has existed as a formal division of the Corporate Citizenship team since 2008.
The Insights and Integration team is focused on developing enterprise-wide strategies and approaches that consider Disney’s three core citizenship principles:
The Communications Manager will help research, plan and execute communications strategies that advance Disney’s citizenship efforts among professional stakeholders, consumers, and employees. He/she will partner with members of the Citizenship team and business segment communications professionals to create a narrative that informs and engages audiences, and supports key citizenship initiatives. This position will help develop overall Citizenship messaging and longer-term media strategy.
- Act and create in an ethical manner, and consider the consequences of our decisions on people and the planet
- Champion the happiness and well-being of kids and families in our endeavors
- Inspire kids, parents, employees and communities to make a lasting, positive change in the world
For more information about Corporate Citizenship at Disney, please visit our website at www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/citizenship
- Develop media strategy and messaging across all Citizenship priorities via press releases, corporate blogs, talking points, speeches, internal/external campaign creation and development, corporate presentations, and collateral material;
- Partner with key stakeholders across the company to help develop and implement internal/external communication plans that drive awareness, understanding, and action around citizenship priorities;
- Work closely with corporate communications and other business units to align and successfully integrate citizenship messaging into projects and programs, and to identify and leverage citizenship stories where appropriate;
- Conceive and project manage the development of creative assets and social media strategies that aid in storytelling, including video, podcasts, newsletters, and infographics;
- Manage part-time employees and/or graduate assistants.
- A minimum of 5+ years of related experience;
- Successful track record of developing and implementing targeted communications campaigns and translating strategy into practical, simple and consumer-friendly messaging;
- Ability to write quickly and well;
- Great storyteller;
- Strong working knowledge of social media best practices to drive engagement;
- Ability to create and translate technical editorial content into a visually appealing finished product;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills;
- Proven ability to build strong client and partner relationships, and navigate complex structures and organizations;
- Must be pro-active, creative, and have the ability to work under deadline pressure;
- Passion for social causes.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services.
Disney - 18 months ago