Zynga, the world's leading provider of social game services, is looking for a Communications Manager to lead PR efforts around game launches, including managing media stories with consumer, tech, business, gaming and broadcast press. The Communications Manager is responsible for cultivating and maintaining positive media coverage for Zynga games, talent and culture. This person is responsible for coordinating with marketing and product teams to develop and execute PR strategy around new game launces and existing studios, as well as lead messaging and press material development for Zynga games. The Communications Manager will also be responsible for media training and prepping spokespeople for media interviews and public speaking opportunities. This person will also manage the strategy and execution of player PR efforts across mainstream consumer publications and broadcast outlets.
- Serve as main information source for media contacts
- Work closely with the internal teams to plan and execute strategic PR programs to support new game launches, as well as releases from existing studios.
- Lead the development of messaging, press materials, blog post and internal communications around new game launches and new releases from existing studios.
- Serve as Communications team liaison for product marketing managers, key studio heads, and executives throughout the company.
- Arrange, facilitate and manage media briefings with key company spokespeople
- Secure mainstream consumer and broadcast coverage around Zynga games and players.
- Lead our player PR program to help tell the story of our games through our players.
- Mentor and lead other members of the Communications team on game PR efforts.
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, Communications plans and performance requirements
- 6-8 years public relations experience, with strong background in consumer tech or gaming
- Significant experience in media relations and issues management
- Strong presentation and writing skills, particularly AP-style and blog-writing
- Experience driving development and execution of strategic communications plans around games and/or consumer Web product launches
- Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
- Experience working with senior executives and game/product development talent
- Experience managing other team members on projects and launches
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability; oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in marketing, public relations/ communications, or journalism (MA optional)
Zynga - 16 months ago