In close alignment with the HR Communications leader and functional team members, the Communications Manager is responsible for a creating and managing integrated external and internal HR communications activities across assigned business functions or product groups. This includes managing and executing media relations, analyst relations and social media activities to help generate positive third party coverage and visibility that strengthens the corporate brand and reputation among key stakeholders. It also includes creating and managing related internal communications for projects to ensure appropriate employee group receive needed information. All work for this position requires strong writing skills, solid relationship management and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
As the Communications Manager your key roles and responsibilities will include:
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Daily management of LNG Central
- Planning and execution of LNG Central migration to SharePoint (2010)
- Distributes all global internal communications content; updates global distribution list by working with RETS. Issues announcements, global priorities communications and posts CEO's blogs, etc.
- Reviews all outgoing press releases to ensure brand standards, content acceptable for corporation - approximatley 100/year
- Provides edits, connects with legal as needed (all business units)
- Communicates PR press release guidelines as needed.
- Monitors external news and issues LN News - daily, morning new summary.
- Gathers assets and content development for global communications.
- Responds to incoming media requests and coordinates with Business Units as needed.
- Provides crisis communication support and coordination;works with Business Continuity Management, Reed Elsevier, Risk and BU's on media response
- Creates specific, global corporate site web content
- Supports Reed Elsevier communications, as needed.
Basic Qualications :
- Quarterly 401K Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Two Paid Volunteer Days
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
- Position requires a minimum of 4-6 years experience in public relations and/or corporate communications at a PR agency
- Experience in b-to-b and/or professional services or financial services preferred
- Proficiency in managing the creation of PR materials, PR tools, PR measurement and social media tools
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Solid expertise in creating and implementing media outreach and response strategies for both offline and online media
- Strong knowledge of and experience with social media as a corporate communications channel
- Experience in developing and executing corporate PR campaigns programs and crisis/ issue management
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects with changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage complex projects across a variety of functions
- Solutions-oriented self-starter with the desire to grow
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet research and presentation development
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related fields
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of legal research and content-enabled workflow solutions.
LexisNexis consists of two...