Sun. 03/31/13 11:59 PM Central Time
Full Time Regular
Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound TX 75028, Texas
Print Job Information |
Receives and dispatches requests for police, fire, and animal control emergency and non-emergency services. Also provides Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) services.
Examples of Duties:
1. Operates a multi-line communication system.
2. Monitors and broadcasts on communication radio equipment.
3. Dispatches police and fire support units and animal control.
4. Operates various telecommunication, multi-channel radio equipment, and Enhanced 911 system.
5. Assigns police and fire support elements to routine/emergency calls for service.
6. Records all activities and locations of police units and animal control units.
7. Uses computer terminals to make entries and inquiries and interprets the responses from various automated databases.
8. Retrieves Driver's License and Vehicle Registration data from computer system.
9. Checks for outstanding warrants, stolen vehicles and articles.
10. Enters and clears warrants and stolen articles from department to TCIC/NCIC computer.
11. Operates video recording, closed circuit television, and tape logging equipment.
12. Communicates with the hearing and speech impaired by a teletype system.
13. Screens and forwards telephone calls for the police, fire department, and animal control departments.
14. Assists citizen on Enhanced 911 system by giving Emergency Medical Pre-arrival instructions.
15. Operates computers, telephones, radios, recorders, and other technical equipment.
16. Assists other employees as needed.
17. Adheres to personnel safety, and departmental policies and procedures and Administrative Orders.
18. Informs supervisor of all work activities.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or GED equivalency is required. Six months or more of municipal Police, Fire, and 911 Enhanced dispatching experience is preferred. Telecommunications Certification as issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education is preferred. Must have a valid state issued Driver's License with driving record in compliance with Town policy. Must train, test and certify as an Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) per Priority Dispatch standards.
Must possess a basic knowledge of computer operations, stressing accuracy and speed; and knowledge of proper English usage and good office administration and organization skills. Bilingual skills are preferred. To perform the essential functions of the job, must be able to read, see, hear, talk, write, and sit for long periods of time. Must be able to enunciate clearly, precisely and effectively with a pleasing voice tone quality; make quick and competent decisions in all activities; perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or dangerous situations; perform a variety of tasks, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure; work without constant supervision; courteously assist citizens and the general public and other employees with situations that are frequently complicated or serious in nature; maintain confidentiality with criminal and investigative information; and to concentrate on assigned tasks through many distractions. MUST WORK FLEXIBLE HOURS TO INCLUDE ALL SHIFTS; NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, AND HOLIDAYS AND ACCEPT ON-CALL DUTY STATUS.
Town of Flower Mound - 22 months ago