Receive, process and document all calls for service for police, fire and medical assistance from the public and relay the information to the appropriate source for assistance. May be assigned to perform Public Safety Officer duties. |
Principal Job Duties
1. Answer emergency and non-emergency telephone lines obtaining information to process all calls for service and relay the information to the appropriate agency or field unit. Provide pre-arrival instructions in response to medical calls.
2. Make independent determination of appropriate actions to be taken concerning incoming calls and direct the appropriate responding units to ensure efficient and timely responses.
3. Monitor multiple radios, audio, visual and other equipment (i.e., alarm panel, security monitors, fire alarms, building security).
4. Log radio transactions into the computer aided dispatch (CAD) system or appropriate computer to identify current status and location of personnel and equipment. Complete and maintain daily significant activity log.
5. Make telephone contacts, wrecker notifications, warrant confirmations and call out contacts for field personnel.
6. Maintain rotation/request wrecker log, private vehicle tow log and vehicle repossession log.
7. Perform inquiries, entries, modifications and deletions into the Texas and National telecommunications networks.
8. Transfer callers to appropriate extension, refer callers to the appropriate agency and record messages for department employees.
9. Maintain and update emergency contact file for residences and businesses.
10. Assist in the training of new personnel.
11. Perform related duties as assigned.
Texas Municipal League - 20 months ago