These are extraordinary times for businesses; times of both huge economic risk and exceptional opportunity. To stay relevant in this dynamic landscape, OMD must help our clients minimize their risk while maximizing their brand communications opportunities. To do this, we are introducing a new position into our teams, the Communications Planner. This Director-level position works within client teams to develop holistic, marketing and media discipline agnostic, cross-channel and consumer-centric plans. The Communications Planner is responsible for architecting the overall communications plan and justifying its delivery against client brand and business objectives.
This position is the perfect role for someone who believes, as we do, that media is the most important part of marketing.
Develop initiatives at a marketing discipline agnostic level, translating to brief channel specific media planning teams.
o Work with agency, media property, content and other partners in development of initiatives around solving a problem/leveraging an opportunity.
o See ideas through from inception to execution.
Inspire internal teams, clients and external teams with how media can be used creatively to bring ideas to life. Ensure that the client and client team have a sophisticated understanding of media.
Champion the on-going cross-agency team integrated planning process.
Support media planners, creative and all marketing disciplines in understanding what it takes to connect with people.
Represent expertise in all media channels and working familiarity with all marketing disciplines.
Manage solid client relationships and provide key strategic initiatives / thinking.
Maintain a relationship with all teams working on the client's business.
Measure the effectiveness of the communications plan both internally (alignment) and externally (brand and business growth)
A proven track record of implementing holistic communications planning strategies across mediums that brings the big idea to life.
Demonstrated examples of implementation of key consumer insights into the formulation of big ideas and communications strategy, across all disciplines.
Experience with the integration of creative, media, PR and in store disciplines toward a singular strategic communications approach.
Track record of successful and productive relationship management with agency partners.
Senior client relationship management experience.
8-12 years of media-related experience.
Knowledge / Expertise:
Thorough knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and media. A basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, journalism.
Thorough knowledge of the dynamics of media. How each media element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing.
A passion of pop culture, trends and motivations in consumer behavior.
A solid understanding of the skills and functions of the Investment side of the business, as well as knowledge of Strategic Business Units' competencies.
A strong understanding of the clients' industries and environments within which they operate.
Skills / Abilities:
- A passion for and comprehensive understanding of digital behaviors and the ongoing evolution of the media landscape
- Ultimate responsibility for the work generated by the team
- Ability to train and inspire
- Capable of managing and motivating a large and diverse team.
- Ability to foster a strong, cohesive working team
- Open-minded, strategic and creative approach to client and inter-agency projects and challenges.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the industry and breaking new ground.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of marketing and advertising as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative, measurement and budget requirements
- Ability to use alternative analytical approaches to solve media problems
- Ability to think in a non-linear fashion
- Ability to effectively handle personnel issues
Verbal and Written Communications Skills
- Ability to write clearly and concisely and present orally in an articulate and confident manner
- Ability to effectively and comfortably communicate and interact with clients
- Ability to articulate objectives, opportunities and techniques
Omnicom Media Group - 13 months ago
While it might not be omnipotent, Omnicom Group can create advertising that is omnipresent. The company ranks as the world's #1...