Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, PayneCrest Electric, Inc., has been an established leader in providing solution-oriented industrial, commercial and telecom electrical contracting services for large complex engineering-intensive projects for over 50 years.
Servicing an impressive array of Fortune 500 end-users and multinational corporations, PayneCrest Electric and Communications, Inc., is a growth-oriented engineering/contracting company with an average $80M in annual revenue, active project work in 6 states and active and pending licensure in over 20 states.
As part of efforts to grow our communications department we have identified the need for a Communications Project Manager to provide service to existing customers and expand our capacity to capture new business. The Communications Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the Communications Department Manager and Senior Project Managers on major projects, as well as taking the lead on smaller, less complex projects, both regionally and nationally. In addition, the Communications Project Manager is expected to actively network to identify potential new business opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity. Proven experience in the installation management of a wide range of low voltage subsystems is desired.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships to generate future work.
- Provide overall administrative and tactical direction for small to medium sized communications construction projects.
- Shoulder the responsibility for project scope, budget, design, manpower and cost tracking as well as having overall responsibility for project profit and loss and customer satisfaction.
- Generate construction estimates and proposals for small to medium sized projects.
- Solicit subcontractor/vendor quotes and evaluate for constructability and adherence to project specifications.
- Implement safety standards in accordance with OSHA, client safety procedures and company standards to mitigate exposure to risk.
- Ensure compliance of all company, client and project policies.
- Verify code compliance of installation work.
- Maintain labor relations.
- Tenacity and commitment to tasks. Able to identify the important priorities that must get accomplished and see them through with minimal supervision.
- Customer focused. Able to treat the customer in a way that earns their trust and makes their experience with PCE an enjoyable one, while at the same time assuring that we are paid for the value we create.
- Flexible and adaptable to change. Capable of adjusting to changing situations very quickly. Must be able to see ahead, understand needed changes and then be willing to take initiative to adapt.
- Planning and organizing. Skilled in project management techniques to be able to create and effectively communicate project plans and the inevitable changes, and have good organization skills to assure that the right people are in the right places to achieve success.
- Competitive and aggressive. PCE requires project managers who take responsibility of everything that happens or fails to happen on the project. Must be willing to fight for everything that is needed to make the project successful in the eyes of the customer and PCE.
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Able to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with all project participants.
- Decisive and able to plan and accomplish goals with minimal guidance .
- Strong management and administrative skills .
- Ability to work autonomously with a wide degree of creativity and innovation to reach project goals.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: at least 5 years with various types of low voltage systems.
- Additional Credentials: a Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) desired.
ConstructionJobs.com - 20 months ago