The candidate must be a motivated self-starter, who works well in a team environment, with experience and interest in the IT, Defense or Intelligence market spaces. The candidate must also have:
• Superior writing and editing skills, including use of AP Style
• Ability to create and execute external and internal communications plans that support business objectives
• Ability to cultivate and maintain a collaborative relationship with business leaders, media, government public affairs offices and communication consultants
• Experience in using and managing social media, including blogs, wikis, social networks, forums, and/or podcasts
• Ability to multi-task and work well under deadline pressure
• A track record of creative thinking and effective decision-making
• Project management skills
• Understanding of key defense trade publications and select national news outlets
• Knowledge of the government contracting and acquisition system
• Ability to develop and execute thought leadership campaigns
Specific Job Description
The individual will be a strategic communicator reporting to the Communications Director at Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions – National. This individual will support all aspects of communications for the five lines of business making up the product line. The role will include supporting LOB vice presidents, developing and executing external communications, employee communications and community relations efforts focused on a global intelligence solutions business.
Responsibilities include writing and producing strategic communications plans, speeches, talking points, media pitches and other communications. Other duties include utilizing social media outlets and securing thought leadership opportunities for business leaders. In addition, the communicator will cultivate relationships with media to shape news stories that portray Lockheed Martin’s capabilities favorably. The communicator also will be responsible for various cross-business communications.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Standard Job Description
Develops, plans, and conducts public relations and goodwill programs to improve and support company business objectives with the public, industry, stockholders, and/or employees. Plans, prepares, writes and disseminates information utilizing print and broadcast media; magazines, speeches, scripts, intranet and Internet website. Submits photographs; assigns and/or approves artwork. May represent the company at press conferences, briefings and presentations on company issues. May participate and support advertising campaigns, and/or edit material for organization publications. May supervise work of outside consultants.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS9996 IS&GS-NATIONAL (S0807)
Info Systems & Global Sol
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 17 months ago
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...