FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Communications Specialist, Knowledge Management in Washington, D.C.
FHI 360 is seeking a full-time Communications Specialist, Knowledge Management. Through research, writing, editing and support of working group activities, the Communications Specialist will help support the project’s Knowledge Management strategy in the design and dissemination of a diverse range of in-person and virtual events, publications, reports, and other types of learning outputs. The position will also be responsible for tracking industry trends in Knowledge Management and Learning, informing learning initiatives and maintaining avenues for distribution to and engagement with key project stakeholders, specifically the microfinance, enterprise development, and economic strengthening professional communities. Primary responsibilities of the position will include working with the project team to develop communications products (blogs, articles, fact sheets, presentations, program descriptions, reports, technical briefs, training materials, etc.); maintaining the project’s dissemination vehicles, including the project website and online library; and leading the coordination of logistical needs of knowledge sharing and learning events and conferences. The position will be expected to bring innovative ideas to optimize the Knowledge Management and Learning strategy of the program.
- Draft and provide editorial support to the development of articles, blogs, reports, technical briefs and other publications.
- Monitor trends in microfinance and enterprise development to help inform learning and communications priorities.
- Write communications pieces (success stories, articles, etc.) and create project presentations
- Develop regular submissions to project-related websites and listservs.
- Lead in event design, organization, and facilitation
- Research and identify opportunities for the project to employ new media formats and dissemination channels (podcasts, blogging, webcasts, etc.).
- Be curious and willing to explore new methods for capturing and sharing information (i.e. Web 2.0 technologies).
- Support proposal development
Minimum Requirements :
- Typically requires 8+ years of managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Applicants must have demonstrated research, writing and editing experience for both print and Web.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- Familiarity with on-line collaboration tools (GoToWebinar, Skype, etc) (preferred). Willingness to learn (required).
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org . Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is a leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.