The Communications Specialist provides communication expertise to support the overall internal and external communication efforts of CommUnityCare. This position provides a great deal of written communication support as well as written and technical support of the practice’s electronic communications. The Communications Specialist also attends a variety of events within and outside of the practice to photograph or videotape event activities for use in print and online publications.
Reports to: Community Relations Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Manages all aspects of CommUnityCare’s internal and external websites through a Content Management System.
- Prepares monthly CEO’s report to the FQHC Board of Directors.
- Produces Weekly Briefing for CommUnityCare staff.
- Produces bi-monthly e-newsletter for the community at large.
- Manages CommUnityCare’s pediatric literacy program, Reach Out and Read.
- Collaborates with others to develop internal and external communication goals to ensure objectives are achieved in the most effective and timely manner.
- Prepares communication with various entities for the purpose of informing and/or presenting information through various mediums (e.g. manual and electronic presentations, printed publications, e-mails, web pages, video, blogs, TV spots, etc.) in compliance with CommUnityCare’s vision, goals, and objectives.
- Consults with appropriate departments on internal/external communications issues and the production of publications and presentation materials for the purpose of educating staff, patients and the public.
- Designs electronic and printed media products (e.g. websites, publications, newsletters, booklets, directories, calendars, brochures, posters, presentations, etc.) for the purpose of communicating and promoting a positive image.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g. district publications, newsletters, web sites, booklets, staff directory, planners, calendars, brochures, posters, etc.) for the purpose of creating aesthetic materials for presentation and/or distribution, providing support materials for requested actions, and meeting compliance requirements.
- Responds to inquiries from various internal and external parties for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Actively develop posts and communications through CommUnityCare’s social media assets, i.e., twitter account and Facebook page
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment; planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate data; using pertinent software applications; operating photographic and audiovisual equipment; and analytical and moderate technical expertise with graphic design. Experience with Content Management Systems. Proficient in the use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, as well as Windows Operating System and Windows Office products.
KNOWLEDGE is required to read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: concepts of grammar and punctuation; safety practices and procedures; principles of copy writing, layout work, photography, video production, graphics, and desktop publishing; digital photo editing; and web and print design with a Content Management System such as Word Press.
ABILITY-based competencies are required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job including: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working independently; working with detailed information/data; working with frequent interruptions; writing clearly and effectively in a variety of journalistic styles; exercising good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
Responsibilities include: working under the direction of the Community Relations Director to achieve unit objectives; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Four-year college degree in communication, public relations, journalism or English preferred. A marketing degree will be considered if there is evidence of strong written communication skills. Partial completion of one of the above degree programs combined with pertinent work experience will be considered.
Minimum of three to five years of experience in a similar position – preferably healthcare
Required CERTIFICATES/LICENSES/Certificates of Completion
Some of the work will be performed in the office setting. However, this job may require work in the community and within Community Care’s 21 health center locations in Travis County
The person performing this job may be exposed to the following: Confined work space, blood-borne and air-borne pathogens, and travel in automobiles
CommUnityCare - 22 months ago
At Community Care, we aim to create the best possible experience for older adults. We believe that providing quality care can enable older...