GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated communicator with outstanding communication skills and technical abilities, and a desire to work in a dynamic, creative, energized environment. The Communication Specialist will be an essential member of the Lighting Communications team responsible for developing and implementing internal communication plans and strategies for GE Lighting, including leading all digital media employee communication efforts internally.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Working with the Manager, GE Lighting Global Communications & Public Affairs, to develop, implement and measure employee specific communication plans that drive the inform about the business’ objectives and initiatives, and facilitate positive, effective change.
• Serve as a writer and/or editor on multiple topics for a variety of communications (i.e. publications, press releases, speeches, announcements, articles, etc. for use with both internal and external audiences in support of an overall business strategy)
• Manage intranet content and updates ensuring consistent, dynamic and fresh content including the development of a diverse and global editorial calendar that reflects the business’ objectives and initiatives, directing outside writers, writing and editing copy, posting stories and organization announcements and conducting ongoing measurement and tracking.
• Liaison with Information Technology on the intranet architecture to ensure it remains a strong and user-friendly communication tool for employees.
• Manage the production and distribution of business electronic newsletters.
• Maintain and develop content for various internal communication websites -- always striving to find new and better ways to efficiently and effectively communicate to employees via these tools and others.
• Handle all podcast and blog creation and production.
• Continuously research and educate the broader team on new technologies to better reach the global employee population and find new ways to use existing technologies.
• Support executive communications including writing for executives, assisting in the production of web chats and quarterly communication vehicles such as video production, satellite broadcasts, etc.
• Consult with internal clients and business leaders on communication needs and developing fresh, creative and effective communication plans.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, PR, English or related field
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in various types of communications (writing, production, special events, etc.)
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; Demonstrated experience writing clearly and convincingly, tailoring communication methods to customer’s requirements
• Strong leadership skills; High energy and great presence
• Able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
• Strong execution skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic setting and consistently meet deadlines
• Expert in PhotoShop, InDesign, blog production, podcast production, etc.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Strong business acumen
• Experience working in a corporate environment, specifically a large, global organization.
• GE and/or Lighting industry experience or knowledge is preferred
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 10 months ago