Goodwill seeks a Communications Specialist who will help the organization meet key objectives by advancing target audiences’ understanding of Goodwill’s mission and impact on individuals, families and central Indiana communities. The Communications Specialist will execute marketing plans, develop editorial content, develop external and internal communications, and work closely with the entire marketing team. The position requires a strong focus on project management, internal and external customer service, and a can-do, professional attitude. The Specialist must be able to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a commitment to teamwork.
• 3-5 years experience developing and executing communications or public relations plans.
• Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Demonstrated experience developing stories of people, programs, organizations or communities. Critical skills include interviewing, writing, editing and publishing stories in print, web, video, etc.
• Media relations experience, including identifying, pitching and responding, to achieve successful placements and coverage.
• Experience with a wide range of communications and public relations strategies and tactics, including direct external communications, employee communications, advertising, events and more.
• A knack for knowing one’s audience and subject, and combining facts with narrative to tell stories that are impactful, emotional and succinct.
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Strong work ethic and willing to go the extra mile to meet critical deadlines.
• Must be able to work closely with all marketing team members and other departments at all levels of the organization; commitment to internal and external customer service is critical; ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality on plans that are not yet public is critical.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or related field.
The following is the comprehensive benefits programs in which full-time employees may participate:
• Continuing education & leadership development
• Comprehensive health plan
• Paid time off
• Life, Dental & Vision
• Short- & long-term disability plans
• Nationally recognized preventive health & wellness program
• Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
• Retirement plan with generous match
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Goodwill of Central Indiana - 11 months ago