Title Communications Specialist Job Function Advertising/Marketing/PR Requisition Number 039115 Metropolitan Area IL-Chicago Loop Manager Position Non-manager Full-time/Part-time Full-time Standard Hours 40 Exempt/Non-Exempt Exempt Regular/Temporary Regular Job Description Under general direction, provide a broad level of internal communications support to the corporation. Assist the Director of Internal Communications in the planning, creation, coordination and implementation of internal communications for various corporate projects and initiatives. Knowledge/Skills Knowledge of the development, implementation and measurement of internal communications plans and strategies.
Understanding of the journalistic process and Associated Press writing style.
Working knowledge of electronic communications methods/vehicles, including methods to post content on company intranet, Survey Gizmo, SharePoint, Exact Target, etc.
Excellent writing, editing and proofing capabilities.
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Strong organizational, project management and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with management and staff of all levels and provide exceptional client service.
Proactive approach to accomplishing tasks and learning about new and innovative trends in internal communications.
Experience in HTML a plus. Major Duties 1. Support the planning, development, implementation and measurement of internal communication programs for the corporation.
2. Develop key communications to support various corporate initiatives and announcements.
3. Coordinate multiple communications projects simultaneously, providing content development and organizational support.
4. Coordinate and/or support the production of Global All Partner meetings, eNewsletters, intranet design and postings, broadcast messages and other various communications methods/vehicles.
5. Organize and facilitate distribution of communications on behalf of senior management.
6. Coordinate and develop briefing materials for senior management on various meetings and speaking opportunities.
7. Proactively seek out internal news stories and draft content for posting.
8. Partner with team members to provide measurement reports, draw conclusions from metrics and determine appropriate actions.
9. Align with corporate standards and best practices in all communication efforts.
10. Help ensure consistency of messages and brand through all communications globally. Experience 3-5 years of experience; Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
Northern Trust Corp. - 2 years ago
Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary...