The Transmission Setup Team has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a senior network support analyst. The candidate will be responsible for diagnosing, documenting, and resolving technical and functional communication problems. Additional responsibilities include addressing long-term issues, tracking and escalating problems, teaming up with application, divisional and operations groups to resolve and prevent potential service interruptions, and coordinating, testing, and installing communication/transmission jobs along with designing and coding processes based on client and/or partner defined requirements. Knowledge/Skills - 3+ years experience with COBOL, PL1, and JCL
2. Maintain and update existing programs to meet client and/or partner requirements
- Demonstrate UNIX scripting skills
- Detailed experience in systems analysis and design
- Strong technical skills on mainframe
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain existing programs to meet changing business needs and requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain programs (design, write specs, code, test, debug)
- Ability to learn "on-the-job"
- Detail oriented
- Ability to document processes and procedures
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a minimum amount of direction
- Ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Exposure to and willingness to provide production firecall support
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create an organized project plan Major Duties 1. Manage assigned requests to meet partner’s and client’s deadlines
3. Develop new programs based on client and/or partner requirements
4. Provide 2nd level production support during business hours and off hours Experience The ideal candidate should have a solid technical background developing on the mainframe environment, with proven experience in COBOL, PL1, and JCL. 3+ years of programming experience required. The position requires strong analytical and problem solving skills, in addition to the necessary logic skills required to develop and maintain programs. The individual will be responsible for analysis, development, testing, and production support of transmission related projects. Projects vary in scope and duration. To be successful in this position the candidate should be able to 1) work on multiple assigned priorities and tasks, 2) effectively analyze partner and client needs based on client’s/partner’s defined requirements to determine programming solutions, and 3) research partner questions and provide answers. Experience with UNIX is a plus. Candidate must be able to work independently, learn "on the job", and multitask. The position also requires business partner and client interaction which demands strong communication and interpersonal skills. Experience with communication and encryption software such as Connect: Direct, PGP, Axway’s Syncrony MFT, and VPN is a plus. Experience with communication/transmission protocols such as FTP, HTTP, is also a plus. Candidate is also required to provide second level support during working and off hours.
Onmyway is one of the fastest charter boats, which means that we will be fishing quicker and longer than anyone else. We have many different...