Picerne Military Housing, a leader in the real estate development, construction and property management industry, is committed to providing America’s military families with the quality homes and neighborhoods they deserve. We recognize the commitment military families make to our country and respond by providing comfortable homes in friendly neighborhoods.
We are seeking a creative, energetic Communications Specialist to be responsible for ensuring that the name Picerne Military Housing at each post is synonymous with a proactive approach to great customer service, care for our military families and open, two-way communications to ensure positive recognition of Picerne Military Housing’s brand within the post and local communities.
Expected start date for this opportunity will be early spring of 2013.
- Assist other departments with publicity and implementation of program activities
- Respond to Web site, phone and resident inquiries on a regular basis
- Provide support for all internal communications functions, i.e., Intranet, HR assistance, employee activities, etc
- Participate in various community teams and committees and attend public meetings and advisory board meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information to the post
- May serve as an official spokesperson for the program on and off the installation
- Publicize the development, construction and property management of new and existing homes and neighborhoods with current and potential residents, local agencies, the installation and other stakeholders
- Serve as co-chair on the Resident Activities Committee to ensure quality and consistency of resident events
- Responsible for historic documentation of installation-specific projects to include newspaper clippings, photos, resident letters, etc.
- Keep installation team prepared and trained on corporate crisis response
- Monitor public opinion
- Public speaking
- Must have understanding of social media platforms
- Foster a positive working relationship within the company and between the installation and the off-post community through regular communications both written and oral.
- Support global initiatives as a part of daily activities.
- Be an active member of the communications team through regular interaction and participation with peers and co-workers at all locations.
- Assist human resource team with new employee orientation
- Responsible for maintaining the items in the company logo store
- Responsible for managing and maintaining annual budget and purchase order process for communications
- Must be able to maintain documentation of expenses in order to reconcile appropriately
- Must maintain and create content for website updates through content management system (CMS)
- Provide support in preparing PowerPoint and other presentation materials for company management, as well as military leadership
- Produce monthly resident newsletters to include content creation, overseeing design and ensuring production schedule is met
- Write and contribute articles to employee newsletter and post newspaper
- Create collateral materials, to include copywriting, graphic design and photography
- Monitor, document and inform installation team on mainstream and social media activity
- Ability to create collateral materials, to include copywriting, graphic design and photography
- Possess organizational skills with ability to work well in a team environment. Strong presentation skills, good public speaker with the ability to represent the company professionally in a variety of situations from escorting VIPs to customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
- Must have the ability to multi-task while keeping perspective in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in communications, mass communications or public, media or community relations
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field is required
- Non-standard work hours as needed
- Up to 15% travel required
Picerne Military Housing - 2 years ago