RPM Mortgage, Inc. is seeking an experienced Communications Specialist to join our dynamic MarCom team. The primary responsibilities will be an effective communicator of company news and events to internal and external stakeholders, members of the communities that we serve and members of the press. The Communications Specialist will be a collaborative member of the MarCom team and will promote the vision of the RPM Mortgage brand throughout the regions we serve. This role is located at our Home Office in Alamo, CA and reports directly to the SVP of Marketing and Communications.
Education and Experience:
- Embrace the vision, mission and values of RPM Mortgage, Inc. and learn to write in the voice and tone of the company.
- Write and edit impactful, engaging messaging in a variety of formats including newsletters, blog posts, internal memos, announcements and press releases.
- Create and execute effective system for delivering relevant industry news to internal stakeholders on a regular basis to keep company abreast of developments in finance and real estate sector.
- Conduct appropriate outreach to RPM employees and affiliates to learn of new business opportunities that require communications initiatives.
- Monitor news about RPM and RPM’s employees; create and execute action plans to notify interested parties and, when necessary, write and provide highly professional and accurate responses to internal stakeholders and members of the press.
- Manage and execute company’s public relations plan and foster relationships with members of the media in order to tell the RPM story in a compelling way.
- Collaborate with executive management team members to create and execute an effective internal communications program, including but not limited to an internal company blog, newsletters and other announcements.
- Identify and use communications vehicles such as Wordpress, SharePoint, and the company’s internal communications technologies to deliver news effectively and efficiently.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. ranked 6 th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of mortgage loan professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field.
- 3+ years experience in internal communications, media or public relations, or other communications-focused role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter with proven ability to take initiative, execute initiatives with minimal direction and work effectively in fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Excellent listening and strategic thinking skills
- Project coordination experience
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Wordpress or other blog platforms
- Experience in the mortgage, real estate or financial services field preferred