Reporting to the Associate Director of the User Support Group within the Information Technologies and Services Department ITS Communications Specialist is responsible for conceptualizing, writing, and editing content for ITS external and internal communications. The individual will create and maintain content as it pertains to the ITS website, Knowledge Base articles, service updates and announcements, etc. The ITS Communications Specialist works closely with ITS Management to develop/refine comprehensive communication strategies and Standard Operating Procedures for ITS.
• Support and maintain social media initiatives and presence for ITS.
• Work with internal ITS groups to design communications standards, templates, processes, and procedures. Provide oversight of all communications to ensure consistency of messaging and alignment with defined departmental objectives. Develop routine feedback mechanisms to promote cross communication and ensure that messages are being delivered in a consistent manner.
• Assist in the creation of training materials, orientation processes and project presentations for newsletters and news releases and related items.
• Stay current with industry trends and best practices of online marketing to meet business objectives and introduce innovations to the team.
Write and/or assist with various internal and external communications that may include: writing, editing, marketing, blogging, and social media communication vehicles.
• Work with Business Relationship Managers (ITS Departmental Liaisons), senior management, and other appropriate parties to gather departmental communications requirements, and streamline and improve departmental communications.
• Participate with Management to brainstorm and develop content that can be deployed to enhance the awareness of IT service offerings.
• Participate in the creation of customer satisfaction surveys.
• Routinely write, edit, publish and review the ITS website content, ITS service catalog, and knowledgebase articles, updates, announcements, etc. Provide routine content maintenance including creating new webpages, updating text, images and video. Assist with implementation process and guidelines to ensure ITS web content is current and accurate. Monitor ITS site effectiveness via analysis to continuously drive usage and self-help.
• Assist in maintaining a culture of continuous improvement of customer service standards, knowledgebase articles, policies and procedures for the organization.
• College diploma or degree in the field of Communications or related field and/or 3+ years equivalent experience in editing and writing publications.
• Proficiency in social media forms and web development, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and blogging
• Previous experience with marketing strategies in particular, online strategies.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work while responding flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
• Team player; enjoys working collaboratively as part of a team as well as working independently to produce results.
• Professional appearance, punctuality, and a sense of urgency is required
Highly Desired Requirements
• Previous experience with basic communications planning, design, and implementation.
• Previous experience with tracking and analyzing online analytics.
• Hand on experience with ServiceNow ITSM application a plus.
• Previous customer service experience.
Skill and Abilities
• Strong Interpersonal skills.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and copy editing.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell's triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
Weill Cornell Medical College - 23 months ago