ESI Design is a pioneering innovation and experience design consultancy. We specialize in creating integrated physical, digital and social experiences that drive engagement and growth. Our work spans multiple channels of communication: from brand experiences, innovation centers and retail environments to large-scale digital projects at varying scales from websites and apps to communication networks and interactive signage.
Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
The overarching goal of the Communications Strategist position is to create compelling content, public programs and experiences that will help ESI build awareness, excitement, trust and relationships in key markets with important stakeholders – prospective clients, partners, connectors and media. We have an amazing interdisciplinary team of designers that we want to support and mentor to help them become recognized thought leaders. Specifically, the strategist will:
- Research: Continuously research opportunities and identify program platforms – media outlets, conferences, speaking engagement opportunities, partnership development, social media channels, public program opportunities, competitions, book collaborations, etc.
- Mine Stories: Collaborate with marketing and design teams to continuously mine great story angles and craft program strategies. Our goal is to activate a collaborative group of ESI brand ambassadors.
- Pitch: Develop relationships and successful pitches that enable ESI to secure program placements (press, bylined article placement, conferences, etc.)
- Create: Develop all program content, which could include writing articles; interviewing and ghostwriting colleagues/collaborators; building program/presentation materials, multimedia content; identifying and reaching out to program collaborators, etc. The strategist will also be responsible for creating website copy, newsletter blasts, competition entries, moderate social media conversations, etc.
- Evaluate: Create metrics of success and share with ESI team.
We are looking for a confident self-starter who enjoys working with a collaborative, dynamic team. You should be a curious questioner, empathetic listener, strategic thinker and a great storyteller. We need someone with:
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to write and produce content for many different types of content platforms (in different voices).
- Exceptional intrapersonal skills including the ability to get internal colleagues and outside partners excited about collaborating on great programs.
- The ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing business environment
Salary: salary commensurate with experience; Location: New York City;
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume, outlining how your skills and experience position you for success in this role and stating how you heard about this position.
ESI Design is a pioneering innovation and experience design consultancy. We specialize in creating integrated physical, digital and social...