This position designs digital communications algorithms and oversees their implementation for a novel in-body communications system. The system is optimized for low data bandwidth and low power consumption, at a low cost. There is broad freedom to define the architecture. The work involves defining architecture, providing firmware engineers with specifications and verifying implementations using both synthetic bench-generated data as well as clinical data.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems. A senior level contributor is desired. Recent graduates with a PhD and experience with relevant project(s) are encouraged to apply.
- Design, implementation, and verification of advanced signal processing algorithms for wireless in-body communications system.
- Oversee algorithm implementations performed by DSP/firmware engineers.
- Perform formal design verification and validation.
- Models for the wireless channel and the communication system.
- Perform lab testing and system debug.
- Create documentation/application notes for end customers.
- Minimum MS, preferable PHD in engineering, computer science, mathematics or physical science.
- Expertise in communications, signal processing, and modeling techniques.
- Extensive experience in mathematical modeling and data analysis using Matlab or equivalent.
- Have in-depth knowledge in digital communications and advanced signal processing algorithms such as synchronization, equalization, channel estimation, FEC, etc.
- Experience implementing algorithms using C/C++ for low-resource systems.
- Skill optimizing fixed-point mathematics.
- Previous experience developing signal processing algorithms for biomedical applications is desirable.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Occasional lifting and physical labor and complete plant/office mobility.
Proteus Digital Health - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard