Communications Technician (Job Number: 211381)
The Defense and Maritime Solutions Business Unit is seeking Communications Technicians to support an upcoming MSC contract. Responsible for the following support for shipboard command and communication systems on Military Sealift Command ships:
- Conduct annual review and provide updates of existing reference materials and SOPs pertaining to shipboard communication systems as required by the Government.
- Conduct technical research and resolve shipboard problems associated with ship communication systems as needed.
- Provide technical services support, as required, to collect and analyze test data, provide comprehensive technical reports including recommendations on policy, procedures and equipment.
- Provide support to ship Operating Companies for new communication systems. This includes, but is not limited to, technical support visits and briefings.
- Respond to communication systems trouble calls via telephone, remote access, electronic mail, or on-site. ® -LI
REQUIRED SKILLS: Seven years experience with shipboard command and communication systems with at least one project in the last three years. Must be a U.S. citizen, capable of obtaining a DoD SECRET clearance. Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II certification. DESIRED: "Experience with Navy and/or MSC shipboard communications, including:
- Ship’s Security Alert System (SSAS)
- PC-to-PC Transfer System (PPTS)
- Bandwidth Efficient Satellite Transport (BEST)
- Next Generation Wideband (NGW)
- Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS)
- Automated Digital Network System (ADNS)
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Commercial Broadband Satellite Program (CBSP)
- High Speed Data (HSD) / International Maritime Satellite (INMARSAT) Certifications: MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, or Solaris
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 23, 2012, 2:32:46 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 17 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...