IES is an $800M national provider of electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial and residential markets.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our nearly 3,500 employees design, build and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees includes an industry leading benefit plan:
Company paid time off
Choice of medical plan options
Dental and vision coverage
Company paid life insurance
Company paid short-term disability insurance
Company sponsored apprentice programs
The Communications Tech I must learn and possess the skills required to function as a contributing member of a technical team. Typically, the Technician I possess no experience to one (1) year of experience in the structured cabling industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Install a work area outlet for floor (i.e. monument), modular furniture (i.e. surface mount box) and wall (i.e. box eliminator). Drop cable down a wall using fish tape or other method. Route cable through modular furniture. Perform pre-termination procedures: organize, form, dress cables and determine length, slack and label cables. Suspend and support cable correctly: Cable tray, J-hook, D-rings, Bridal rings, Trapeze. Build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required. Perform fire-stopping procedures on fire walls, install sleeves, pull cable through sleeves and core penetration. Terminate low-voltage devices. Follow prints. Fully complete all IES COMMERCIAL paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required). Adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, wrench set, cable stripper, flashlight and gloves.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must possess proven problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must have proven skill level or the ability to learn to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, LICENSE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· High School diploma or GED equivalency
· Minimum of zero (0) to one (1) year experience in telecommunications or related technical field.
· Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
· Basic construction industry knowledge preferred
· Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
Integrated Electrical Services - 7 months ago