Training and Experience Basic Qualifications:
- Installation and troubleshooting of microwave, cellular, and networking equipment specific to telecommunications industry customers.
- May be required to work at heights.
- Maintain a safe work environment and practices.
- Assist civil and tower Crews in daily duties for construction.
- Interface with customer representatives.
- Perform tower erection activities including assembling/erecting towers, installing antennas, mounting hardware, installing coax and connectors, grounding, testing, positioning, and optimizing antennas and lines.
- Read plans, site plans and tower drawings.
- Install, connect and test underground and above ground grounding systems.
- Ensure tasks assigned to crew are completed in a timely, quality manner.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs "Beyond Zero" safety program, ensure daily jobsite safety plans are reviewed and followed. Immediately stops work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 5 years progressive construction background required in telecommunications.
- Experienced in LTE/CDMA/UMTS/microwave project builds.
- Certifications in vendor specific technologies preferred (Alcatel, Ericsson, Nokia, ExAlt, Bridgewave, Proxim, Firetide, RAD,etc).
- Familiar with operation of test equipment (Anritsu Sweep gear, PIM testing, fiber optic testing, etc).
- Knowledge of local, state, and industry standards and codes.
- Capable of supporting/managing multiple projects and customers concurrently.
- Ability to travel.
- Must be knowledgeable in various tower configurations and erection operations such as stick building, gin pole, crane and helicopter stacks.
- Must be knowledgeable in microwave dish and Bogner antenna / waveguide installation, orientation and alignment.
- Ability to read blueprints, details and specifications.
- Knowledge and experience in MS Office Suite.
- Comtrain certification a plus .
- OSHA certification a plus.
Familiarity with stick, MIG, Flu-Core welding Maintain certifications such as AWS-D1.1, 7018 E in 3G and 4G position Familiarity with blue print reading
Other Essential Functions Other Requirements · Able to climb ladders and work at heights in excess of 100 feet above ground
Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull 50 lbs
- Able to crouch, kneel, and twist throughout the work day
- Able to reach, grasp and climb with both hands
- Able to manipulate equipment and instruments with precise hand and finger movements
Amount of Travel Work At Home Documents Title Type Description Category Last Updated By Last Updated Usage Update Delete No results found.
Jacobs - 2 years ago
Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and...