APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 25, 2013 (Internal closed date)
March 1, 2013 (External closed date)
In this position, you will install, operate, maintain and certify Portland General Electric’s Voice and Data communication systems. Using specialized electronic testing equipment, you will assure that equipment performs according to engineering and vendor specifications and regulatory requirements. Interface with outside telephone companies to support troubleshooting of leased telephone circuits to substations, generation plants, and other PGE facilities. Install and maintain wiring and cabling used for voice, data, and signal communication systems. Write clear and accurate trouble analysis and repair reports. Keep current in electronic technology through independent study and attend vendor and other training schools. In addition, respond to emergency call-outs at unscheduled hours and work on temporary assignments at other locations within Oregon and South-West Washington State.
Typical qualifications include:
There are 2 open positions.
- Five years or more experience in the trade, preferably in a power utility environment.
- High school diploma and two or more years of training in an electronics technician curriculum (community college, technical institute, or military training).
- Obtain FCC General Radio Telephone operator's license or its equivalent (such as successful completion of NARTE or NABOR) with a radio telephone endorsement within six months.
- Competent at reading engineering drawings and interpreting manufacturers' instruction manuals and test procedures.
- Must be able to work with computers and softwares to include MS Office, Visio, Terminal Emulation Software, Work Order Management, and vendor specific equipment configuration software.
- Must be able to climb towers with heights of 200 feet or more, work in confined spaces, and some heavy lifting.
- State of Oregon Low Voltage License and IP Network certification preferred.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Must be able to pass a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING.
To view the full bid, please click on 'View Detailed Description' button below.
Portland General Electric - 17 months ago