Michigan Association of Public School Academies (MAPSA) is Michigan’s leading organization supporting the Charter School movement in Michigan. Our mission is to provide leadership to advance quality and promote choice in education through a strong community of chartered public schools and their supporters, offering every Michigan child an opportunity to learn.
You Matter Here:
At MAPSA, your effort and contribution is valued. We believe in TEAM concepts. Together, our functional teams develop and deliver the educational and business related resources to support our member schools. We are the most influential voice in the Charter School movement. Our vision is to ensure every child succeeds and every employee plays an active role in that success. Our accomplishments are great and we have fun in our jobs.
What Makes MAPSA Unique:
MAPSA is a strategic leader introducing and supporting bills, amendments and policies that will advance and secure the future for quality education. Our research, programs, and analysis are cutting edge. We focus on delivering objective, in-depth analysis and actionable advice to enable charter schools to make more informed business and strategic decisions. MAPSA’s business is to provide political engagement, membership programs, professional development, and peer networking services to our customers.
What We Offer:
In addition to our highly competitive salary, our benefits are first class. We offer:
- Comprehensive medical plan options with low employee contributions, including prescription drug coverage as well as Dental and Vision plans.
- 401K with 100% company match up to 3% with no vesting requirements.
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability pay, short-term disability, and optional supplemental insurance.
- Work/life balance is important to us. You receive 15+ days of paid time off per year plus an additional 9 paid holidays.
This position has responsibility and plays a significant role in the coordination and execution to advance quality and promote choice in education. The incumbent will conduct logistical workflow for events and constituent communications. Individual will work with various teams to coordinate tasks and support work efforts. Ability to prioritize work and multi-task. Demonstrated proficiency in Office Mac.
- Coordinate distribution of MAPSA publications
- Create and manage process for building publication content and meeting deadlines
- Coordinate MAPSA-hosted webinars
- Database management
- Tracking of key analytics related to communication and marketing strategies
- Event Registration: Coordinate and manage details for conferences/events, including registration, agenda preparation, invitations, e-mail reminders, confirmations, etc.
- Coordinate state professional development credit hour administration
- Bring and share insights gained from events - solicit feedback from team members, attendees, leadership, etc.
- Ensure the completion of projects and assignments, obtaining and compiling complex information from a variety of sources, and preparing reports.
- Develop processes that monitor work and track job functions/progress.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint for Mac.
- Lead procurement process as related to events and/or communications
- Assemble mailings – postage, labels, etc.
- Perform other general clerical duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, College experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience in a corporate setting.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Experience with database management and WebEx is a plus.
- Positive, high-energy, “can-do" attitude, intelligence and excellent interpersonal/people skills.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy, and ability to work effectively and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills. Able to monitor/track deadlines within tight time-frames.
- Well-organized, diligent and thorough in promptly and efficiently managing multiple tasks.
- Self-driven: Able to identify and resolve problems quickly by gathering and analyzing information with skill and composure.
- Excel in an environment of continued change and growth.
Application Process: Resumes accepted by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org Please submit a cover letter telling us:
how you heard about the position; why you are interested in the job; and your available start date.
MAPSA - 17 months ago