University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Division & Project Overview:
Global Reading Network – Reading within Reach Project - The aim of this 5-year initiative is to build a community of practice, a professional network focused on improving reading outcomes, for students to learn to read in the early grades and to read to learn in the later grades. This network will bring together governments, practitioners, civil society organizations, academics, funders, UN agencies, and other stakeholders invested to work collaboratively to improve quality and expand the reach of reading interventions around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
URC-CHS seeks a Communications and Events Specialist to document and communicate news from and results of the Global Reading Network and the Reading within Reach project. The incumbent will contribute to the Network’s communications strategy and creative methods using print, web, and multi-media platforms to inform external audiences about the Global Reading Network and the Reading within Reach project.
The Communications and Events Specialist reports to the Project Director and works as part of a project team. S/he often works with education professionals to plan and implement communications projects. Primary responsibilities for the Communications and Events Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
Develop documentation and promotional materials:
- Collaborate with technical staff and provide editorial expertise to design and develop publications, briefings and presentations targeting diverse audiences.
- Undertake fact-checking, writing and copy-editing, and version control.
- Provide support for both content development and graphical presentation.
- May contribute videography and editing of multi-media products.
- Recommend ideas, improvements, and best practices and edit and refresh the Network website, webinars and online courses (in collaboration with other staff and Network members).
- Use software tools and design concepts for the creation of high-quality deliverables including web designs and content.
- Conceptualize and write personal interest stories and, in consultation with technical staff and Network members, blogs and newsletters for the Global Reading Network and URC websites.
- Manage the Network’s social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube, with support from the project assistant.
- Help set goals for the Network’s social media presence; develop creative ways to meet those goals; and evaluate and measure progress, with support from the project assistant.
- Assist in documenting project results.
- Provide day-to-day management and coordination of communication activities, supported by the project assistant.
- Provide technical advice in communications and guide program staff to enhance their communication skills such as preparing PowerPoint presentations, developing success stories, taking good photos, etc.
- Provide analysis, advice and/or implementation assistance on public awareness campaigns, public relations, information dissemination, advocacy campaigns, media outreach skills.
- Oversee event management and support the project assistant to coordinate logistics for study tours, trainings and other events.
- Manage the project resources database for the project.
- Participate in the creation of a photo archive for URC photos for use by staff.
- Assist with special projects and research; select business development projects and other nonrecurring projects as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Master’s degree required.
- Five years’ work experience required in communications, marketing, international education, or public relations fields preferred.
- Experience leading communications and/or event planning activities.
- Demonstrated high-quality writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Professional judgment demonstrated through a work and education history that supports the ability to multi-task and meet demanding assignments under tight deadlines in a team-oriented environment.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Skills in conducting basic research on the Internet.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High comfort level with writing reports, analyzing and summarizing data from diverse sources, interviews, meetings, surveys and focus groups. Ability to deliver work on a timeline.
- Comfort and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; photography; and related software including website content management systems.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
You must attach your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 30+ days ago