The admissions team is primarily responsible for providing a positive and quality rich experience to all prospective students from post inquiry through enrollment. The Communication and Optimization Coordinator will report to the Executive Director of Admissions and work closely with the admissions leadership team as well as with all members of the admissions team. This position will collaborate with the marketing team to create and implement a communication strategy to all prospective students. In addition, this position will require the ability to utilize technology and systems to analyze the effectiveness of communication strategies and recommend optimization tactics to continuously improve conversion. The position requires a positive and caring commitment to provide exceptional service, understanding of Excelsior College, all degree programs, policies, and services offered. |
Responsibilities include the following:
This position requires:
- Primarily responsible for personalized admissions communication strategy to prospective students and applicants, consistent analysis of data to measure communication effectiveness and recommended optimization tactics for ongoing improvements.
- Understanding system functionality and technology used as communication vehicles.
- Working closely with admissions leaders, marketing, and operations to identify, define, execute, and document all personalized communication to prospective students through enrollment and course registration.
- Serving as the admissions liaison to other enrollment and marketing departments such as financial aid and operations.
- Committing to participate in consistent and thorough training exercises to become proficient in all Excelsior College degree programs, admissions requirements, policies, and services.
- Committing to participate in consistent and thorough training to effectively use Excelsior College's Student Information System, Constituent Relationship Management system, telephony system, and Qlikview for self-managed reports.
- Creating and implementing a strategy based on the analysis of data.
- Maintaining a highly professional, caring, and objective manner at all times.
- A thorough understanding of all methods of earning credit, application process, financial aid, tuition, eligibility requirements for each program, and other key information that is relevant in the pre-enrollment process.
- Working effectively within a fast paced team environment, external triage communication center, and closely with an admission specialist as part of a duo team.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the needs of Excelsior College and Enrollment Management.
Candidates should demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft ® Word and Excel ® . Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and strong problem solving skills are essential. The ideal candidate will have experience with college admissions programs and demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning higher education to a diverse adult student population.
- A bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of one year experience in admissions and/or in a communication center preferred.
- Ability to
- maintain a positive attitude in a high energy office and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- work independently and interact effectively with all colleagues.
- master and assimilate a large amount of factual information about academic offerings with accuracy and detail.
- work cooperatively in a team environment.
Excelsior College - 30+ days ago
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...