Position is responsible for administrative and clerical support functions of the Community Affairs and Publicity Department. Assists with the planning and execution of programs including donation requests, special events and fund-raising activities. Position will also assist with writing copy for outreach efforts including the royals.com community page.
- Assist in planning and execution of Community Relations, Publicity and Royals Charities programs and charity events.
- Write drafts of in-game public address announcements for community and publicity programs including Buck O’Neil Legacy Seat biographies, military salutes, etc.
- Assist with updating royals.com community page and other related publicity efforts by creating photo galleries and writing content on the club’s community and charitable activities. Also write press releases outlining upcoming homestand events and promotions.
- Type, edit, copy and mail departmental correspondence
- Answer in-bound departmental calls and return phone messages
- Oversee scoreboard announcement program
- Administer effective record system to track ticket donations, items, and mailing lists
- Exercise judgment in interpreting instructions and prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Provide overall support to the Community Relations, Royals Charities, and Publicity departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Public Relations, Communications, Business, Journalism or related field
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as needed
- Effective writing, telephone and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Detail oriented and able to work in high-pressure environment
- Experience in Marketing/Public Relations and/or general administration preferred
- Knowledge of baseball helpfuL
MLB - 12 months ago