The Management Trust
POSITION TITLE: Community Association Manager, Palm Desert, CA
Exempt / Salary
The Management Trust, www.managementtrust.com, believes building a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It begins with the promise of integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee owned community management firm in the nation. We strive to create an environment that allows every Employee Owner the freedom to be their true and best self, the freedom to grow professionally, and personally, and the freedom to prosper emotionally, intellectually, and financially. However, with freedom comes great responsibility. We have made a significant investment in our training, equipment, and culture. By inviting our Employee Owners to become equity partners, we expect a lot in return ~ your active participation in growing our business. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore our Ownership Opportunities and how your unique gifts and talents will be cultivated and allowed to flourish. We currently serve six states (AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, WA) and are rapidly growing.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acting under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Association Manager is responsible for managing and supporting a Community Association in all capacities such as administration, site management, maintenance, financial, and compliance.
The administrative function is to oversee all areas of operation. The association manager will manage the daily business affairs and enforce the rules of assigned properties. Several of the key areas are:
- Manage a portfolio of community associations, and will be responsible for all aspects of management of these client communities and their success with our firm.
- Budgeting, fiscal management, vendor bidding, and insurance administration.
- Assist homeowners and associations with problem resolution.
- Maintain the records and files pertinent to the operation and management of the Association.
- Prepare, monitor and revise annual budgets.
- Review actual expenses versus budgeted expenses.
- Analyze reserves for capital improvement upgrades.
- Coordinate and work with insurance company representatives to ensure appropriate coverage with competitive premiums.
- Prepare and distribute resale certificates as required.
- File appropriate reports with the Secretary of State.
- Coordinating completion of the Association annual audit and tax return.
- Enforce the community Association’s rules and policies.
- Review and modify documentation as required by the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and distribute monthly Board packages and Agenda for meetings.
- Attend meetings (Board, budget and annual), prepare the agenda, advise the Board on various issues.
- Maintain a current and accurate owner roster.
- Distribute necessary correspondence, minutes, and notices from the Board to all homeowners.
- Prepare and coordinate for the annual meeting through the Board of Directors. Distribute notices and proxies. Assist the Board as required.
- Continually strive to update and improve the properties under the directions of the Board of Directors and the homeowners.
The maintenance of landscaping, fire, safety, electrical, mechanical equipment, parking areas, roads, drives, garages, and site lighting.
- Physical inspections and management of the maintenance of all communities.
- Management of compliance issues in community.
- Work closely with vendors to coordinate maintenance services.
- Respond immediately to homeowners’ complaints and requests for minor repairs and general assistance.
- Attend community association Board meetings.
- Execute duties as stipulated in client contract and/or agreement.
- Direct and control all on-site personnel and resources to the end that the property is maintained at all times in good physical condition with stabilized fiscal operation.
- Perform regular, on-site inspections of the property.
- Hire, train, and supervise personnel (if required).
- Recommend long-term preventative maintenance and repair programs.
- Order and oversee necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Purchase supplies in bulk, utilizing property manager’s network of suppliers and contractors.
- Prepare a “welcome letter” for new owners.
- Prepare specifications and review proposals for all work by outside contractors.
- Check references and monitor work in progress.
- Monitor and implement confidence testing of all life support, fire safety equipment, and alarm systems.
- Maintain high standards property appearance.
- Provide emergency service 24 hours a day.
- Meet with the Board of Directors to review the financial status as well as the long-range goals for the Association.
- Responsible for all aspects of client relationship to insure client retention.
- The ability to work independently, with little oversight, but with accountability to executive management for the end result achieved.
- Represent our company with the highest of integrity and standards.
- A positive attitude and ownership mentality, as each employee can build their own future here.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong leadership abilities and be comfortable with public speaking in small and large groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide high-level customer service with astute attention to detail and organization.
- Must have reliable transportation to conduct site visits and be available for evening meetings and occasional weekends.
- A minimum of 2 years direct experience managing a portfolio of community associations.
- CMCA designation from Community Association, or equivalent, is preferred.
The Management Trust - 9 months ago