Provides management, direction, and leadership to ensure the property is maintained and operated in accordance with Company objectives. Community Association Managers are certified and licensed by the State of Florida for Community Association Management (CAM). Responsibilities include working closely with the association, Board of Directors and/or the developer to manage and operate the community, facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff. Strong management skills, customer service skills and supervisory skills are required.
· Acquires and maintains current knowledge of state regulatory agency statutes and each client’s community’s documents, policies and procedures.
· Analyzes advantages and disadvantages of alternative solutions to problems and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors.
· Provides leadership and direction to effectively manage relationships with other business groups, e.g. Leasing, Asset Management, to ensure a high level of tenant service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
· Develops and maintains an effective ongoing residents relations plan, implement initiatives, and maintain an operating environment to achieve a satisfactory level of residents service as measured by formal and informal feedback and surveys.
· Defines and implements goals relating to internal and external customers.
· Develops and submits complete and accurate annual budget(s), meeting all deadlines and demonstrating thorough analysis and consideration for the goals of the asset as well as market conditions.
· Initiates contact with the new resident representatives to coordinate the move-in process, provides an introduction and orientation to the management staff and building, reviews available services, and explain the building rules and regulations.
· Manages resident’s relationships to ensure residents retention and a high level of service including timely and complete resolution of residents concerns, coordinating special services and requests and conducting formal and informal inspections.
· Ensures property improvement and other construction related projects are completed on time and within budget by effectively overseeing all construction projects.
· Establishes and maintains industry contacts and relationships in the property's marketplace through involvement in trade organizations, property management and real estate associations and networking opportunities with vendor outreach and peer groups.
· Ability to supervise and oversee projects performed by Maintenance Supervisor.
· Sets and adheres to the highest standards of performance and instills them in the staff by personal follow-up to insure that the service is being delivered. Demonstrates a routine and effective ability to adjust to changing circumstances.
· Listens attentively to questions and comments. Communicates in a professional and composed demeanor under all circumstances.
· Responds to phone calls and correspondence in a timely, professional manner.
· Displays exceptional ability to analyze and deal with a variety of situations that otherwise could be potential problems.
· Maintains a professional relationship with BOD, Unit Owners and vendors.
· Encourages staff to behave in a professional manner and comply with company’s safety standards. Motivates staff to work as a team.
· Responds to questions accurately when asked and possesses good communication and composition skills.
· Ability to run a BOD meeting when necessary according to Robert’s Rules of Order.
· Creates a management report, which depicts the actual condition of the building, progress of specific projects and makes clear and concise recommendations.
· Prepares professional presentation of reports, budgets, bids, etc.
· Supports the Company’s philosophy, goals and adheres to Company policies.
· Offers helpful input when asked for suggestions for improved policies and procedures.
· Observes all safety standards and participates in the Company’s efforts to provide safe work environment.
· Understands and follows directions given by direct supervisors as well as the BOD and conscientiously completes them.
· Acts quickly and effectively when the situation demands it.
· Organizes time effectively and successfully balances the competing demands of multiple projects.
· Schedules vacations in advance with consideration of back up during absence.
· Prepares accurate management report and submits them on a timely manner.
· Addresses Worker Compensation Incidents on a timely manner.
· Attends monthly Manager’s meetings.
· Maintains and up-loads in Continental Connect minutes book. Update quarterly in CC PUD information. Appears prepared for Board Meeting presentations.
· Submits update contract list to DM on Feb 1 and July 1.
· Monitors contracts regularly. Sends cancellation notices timely. Handles contract evaluations professionally. Completes community calendar and annual processes timely. Maintains financials.
· Maintains accurate records, files and communications pertinent to the Association office (cabinets and computer files). Organizes of insurance files and policies.
· Updates Association Communication – Updates association info boards, prepare association newsletter and/or other communication with owners and residents.
· Performs employee evaluations and conducts weekly staff meetings.
· Updates and distributes action list of pending items and projects. (Not in HOA)
· Prepares a bid comparison analysis spreadsheet. Prepares and uses of RFP for bid solicitation (Request for Proposal with scope of work detailed).
· Processes violations and close them out (HOA). Processes work orders and close them out (HOA). Processes architectural control applications and close them out (HOA).
· Monitors deficit funding and surplus, rollover if required.
· Possesses knowledge of assets cash balances and availability of funds for projects. Cash flow management for capital improvements.
· Reviews financial statements.
· Monitors aging report, timely legal action, target is 10% or less of assessments.
· Keeps up to date equipment maintenance logs.
· Updates preventive maintenance manual biannually, Feb 1 and Jul 1.
- Other duties as required.
· Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· CAM license is required.
· Must possess strong managerial background.
· Three (3) years of experience as an on-site manager managing the Property or building operations, such as staff and service contracts, resident retention and resident improvements is preferred.
· Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Computer literacy: Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
· Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
· Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing.
· Required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time
· Talking on the phone for extended periods of time.
· Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
· On-call 24/7.
· Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement.
· Driving when necessary.
· Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Continental Group - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
FirstService wants to be first when it comes to real estate services. The company has subsidiaries that provide commercial property...