Determines needs and eligibility for Community Care for the Aged and Disabled (CCAD) services. Work involves conducting home visits, interviewing individuals who are older or have a disability, documenting information, determining need for services and developing service plans; verifying data, explaining program benefits and requirements, referring individuals for appropriate services, and assuring authorizations are registered in automated systems. Authorizes and monitors CCAD services to determine if services are meeting the individual’s needs.
Essential Job Functions:
• Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
• Interviews applicants, individuals receiving services, and resource persons and conducts home/site visits to assess the need for services and provides information and referral to other resources. 15%
• Conducts reviews to determine eligibility and functional needs. 20%
• Obtains, verifies, and calculates income and resources to determine financial eligibility for Title XX programs. 10%
• Maintains case record documents and enters information in an automated system, establishing a record for each individual receiving service. 20%
• Monitors through contacting individuals receiving services to determine if services are meeting the individual’s needs. 15%
• Develops/coordinates/reviews service plans with individuals receiving services and their families, provider agencies and other state agency staff and authorizes services appropriately and accurately to meet the individual’s needs. 15%
• Prepares basic level ongoing or special narrative or statistical reports. 5%
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to set priorities, establish timeframes, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with individuals receiving services, co-workers, contract agency staff, and staff from other federal or state agencies.
• Ability to operate computer and general office equipment.
• Knowledge of interviewing techniques to obtain personal information, to make inquiries, and to resolve conflicting statements.
• Knowledge of resources that serve individuals who are older or have a disability.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Current valid Texas Drivers’ License and liability insurance is required.
Initial Selection Criteria:
• Prefer education and/or experience indicating the individual possesses the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for job performance.
• Experience using email and other automated applications, such as Microsoft Office products.
• Must be willing to travel approximately 65-70% of the time to make home visits, attend trainings, and/or meetings.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
This position is included in a career track series and may be filled at any level within the career track, dependent on the selected applicant’s qualifications as they relate to career track promotion eligibility requirements. If a former CCAD worker is selected as a worker; or former CCAD unit supervisor is selected as a supervisor within two years after holding that position, the applicant will be rehired at the classification level at which they left. DADS’ salary provisions are used to determine the hiring salary.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Position is paid $2181.66 monthly
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -