The Community Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of special events fundraising including planning, execution and evaluation. This is accomplished through collaboration and knowledge of the designated market to expand the fundraising capability of special events. This position reports directly to the Development Director.
ESSENTIAL FUCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With the Development Director, establish specific annual goals and budgets in relation to the Strategic Plan;
- Secure new and maintain established relationships for sponsorship and in-kind donations;
- Create marketing and public relations materials;
- Communicate with site host regarding event needs, restrictions and process;
- Work with committee to establish new ideas and relationships to execute event;
- Make regular updates to event websites and social media sites;
- Provide regular reports to the Director of Development;
- Assure each event has a solid, active, working committee to oversee and assist with event tasks, monitoring timelines and outcomes;
- Works on the development of collaborative relationships and volunteer recruitment;
- Recruit new committee members or chair when appropriate;
- Be actively involved in community activities to promote the Foundation;
- Monitor and update event timelines to ensure each event is on schedule;
- Actively gather and apply new information and methods that will improve each event’s operations and success from national, regional and local resources;
- Attends and participates in statewide or regional meetings, development staff and committee meetings as required;
- Attend all events within the Foundation for Development and Programs/Services as required;
- All other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to GreatLakesHR@arthritis.org with Cleveland Community Development Manager as the subject. No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. EOE.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) in event planning, hospitality or related fields, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of two years related experience (in special events fundraising preferred);
- Strong presentation skills, including demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
- Successful internal and external collaborations and partnership experience;
- Must be results-oriented with experience working with and through groups to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and possesses valid driver’s license;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed and to travel throughout the territory and occasional travel within the five state Region.